Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Marriage

Started by David.B-88, June 22, 2014, 06:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

Quote from: Johan on June 23, 2014, 07:49:19 PM
Its possible.
That's always good to hear, but I'm still quite happy with the way things are now.

Johan

Quote from: SGOS on June 23, 2014, 08:23:55 PM
That's always good to hear, but I'm still quite happy with the way things are now.
As you should be.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Fidel_Castronaut

I'm hopefully going to be married to my fiancé next year (at some point).

We're having a secular wedding on the cheap, just getting hitched then having a big party in a tent in a nice Field, hopefully with some nice weather.

Personally I don't really care but there's legal considerations to consider as we live together and we need to ensure inheritance and costs can be sorted should one of us die. Also allows us to get slightly better insurance and mortgage applications, but that's probably offset/eclipsed by the cost of the whole wedding thing in the first place.
lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!

stromboli

I've been fortunate. 36 years of marriage and maybe a half dozen fights, 3 kids all of whom are productive citizens and nobody in jail. And we are on the same page about everything, which is amazing considering the shit I've dragged my wife through.

EnvireMental

if you are in love and/or wanna make a child, marry...

but not, never marry.

don't forget this.

GSOgymrat

If my same-sex partner and I were allowed to marry we would only do it if there were significant financial perks. There would be no ceremony. I don't think this decision has anything to do with religion as I am atheist, he is catholic and we are both in agreement on this topic.

Green Bottle

Its not something iv'e ever seriously considered, seen plenty ppl get wed an then break up within a cpl of years or even sooner in the case of my wee brother who'se ''marriage, more of a joke really, lasted a cpl of weeks on account of his so called pal messing around with his wife who was the twin sister of his own missus, messy so it was but he' s got over it now and he's happy wi his present gf, myself , iv'e had relationships which have lasted  months or even a cpla yrs but never  thot about gettin wed , not for me i dont think tho it does work for some ppl i know ....
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''