News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

intro

Started by claytojar, June 20, 2014, 10:34:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moralnihilist

Quote from: DunkleSeele on June 27, 2014, 04:48:56 PM
As I said before his arrogance and condescension were already evident on AF.org, where he posted as "Godschild" (LOL). The only thing that played in his favour over there is that they are much more tolerant of trolls than what we are here.

???
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

stromboli

AllPurposeAtheist

But their old highly edited book is infallible.. Well all except all the bullshit parts. Usually the pages are numbered right I think.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Aroura33

Quote from: claytojar on June 21, 2014, 08:44:31 PM
You misunderstood, it's not about you, it's was about no one ever proving God doesn't exist, this left open the possibility He does. Thus how can I assume He didn't. Then faith is evidence of the unseen, faith leads to believing and believing leads to knowledge. Kinda' like a black hole or dark matter. Yes I do know God is real and that His promises are true, doesn't matter to me whether you believe it or not it doesn't change what I know.
I just want to point this out to the other new guy. Here I present for your edification: the common theist. He claims to "know" god is real, making a point that this knowledge is more than mere belief.
"A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory.  LLAP"
Leonard Nimoy

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: claytojar on June 20, 2014, 10:34:15 PM
Hello everyone, just a few things to say at the moment. I'm a fundamental Christian who believes the Bible is God's word written by men inspired by God. Most denominations might not regard me as a fundamental Christian because I do not hold to any denomination beliefs completely, though I do identify as a Southern Baptist. I've spent many years studying and in deep thought about the scriptures and what they say and as most Christians do I believe that God has revealed things to me, yet I am open to the idea that somethings I believe about Christianity could be wrong. Like all people I'm not by any means perfect but will defend what I believe until proven wrong. Thanks for reading this post and I look forward to many good discussions.
Please,  please, please read the God delusion by Dawkins. I'm begging you. Until then, I feel that your lack of education and ignorance of atheism is only going to crutch you from having any kind of legitimate standpoint in this discussion. Most of us came from religion...so we know where you stand and what you think...you don't know where we stand or what we think until you  study up.