Are Christian bands actually Christian bands?

Started by Nam, June 20, 2014, 05:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-WJO0YQLOs

I had to listen to a bunch of actual christian music when I commuted to PA to my studio. I remember at one point with all the mindless in-tune Jesus praising, I wanted to heat op a metal stake and jam it through my ear and out the other side.

The Skeletal Atheist

Funny story: a local venue owner I know has had personal experience with the guy, said he was the biggest piece of shit ever. When I'm on a device where I can copy and paste (on my Xbox right now), I'll link to a song that the venue owner's band wrote based off the guy.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

frosty

As for S.E. Cupp, she is simply playing up the "religious liberties are part of the Constitution" card to score more points within her own political realm. Plenty of people in the public and private realm are irreligious (Atheist, Agnostic, Secular, etc) yet play up religion because it has obvious benefits. Other posters in this thread have aptly pointed that out.

To be abundantly clear, S.E. Cupp is right when she says that religious freedoms are a part of the Constitution. They simply are, and she milks that to get ahead in the political arena. She is smart in that sense.

stromboli

Just look at Benny hin, Pat Robertson, Kenneth copeland or any of their ilk and tell me they are christian. I don't have as big a problem with atheist musicians as I do with those hypocrites.  On one exmormon forum I was on a member was a paid piano player at a church, so whatever. One christian bookstore in Utah I used to shop at is owned by Mormons.

Nam

Quote from: stromboli on June 23, 2014, 05:09:27 PM
Just look at Benny hin, Pat Robertson, Kenneth copeland or any of their ilk and tell me they are christian. I don't have as big a problem with atheist musicians as I do with those hypocrites.  On one exmormon forum I was on a member was a paid piano player at a church, so whatever. One christian bookstore in Utah I used to shop at is owned by Mormons.

Are you implying at the end that Mormons aren't Christians?

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!