Why God can not exist- logical arguments, and why religion is nonsense

Started by mlecyq, June 19, 2014, 04:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

Here are the essential problems with arguments from the theist side. If you are arguing from a standpoint of logic, your argument starts from a dichotomy and an essentially contradictory viewpoint. If you argue from evidence, the evidence- bible for example- has to be proven as valid, non contradictory and has both historic and provable source material. And it fails at both.

frosty

Quote from: stromboli on June 21, 2014, 10:12:47 AM
Here are the essential problems with arguments from the theist side. If you are arguing from a standpoint of logic, your argument starts from a dichotomy and an essentially contradictory viewpoint. If you argue from evidence, the evidence- bible for example- has to be proven as valid, non contradictory and has both historic and provable source material. And it fails at both.
Quote from: stromboli on June 21, 2014, 10:12:47 AM

Here comes the people that claim that the bible is supported by thousands of years of research, experts vouching for it's validity, other documents confirming it, and historical references that make it the most accurate book in the history of the world.

Hakurei Reimu

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 20, 2014, 11:49:39 PM
I was very specific in saying I don't want to talk to you, not that I don't want to talk

In short, I will not address people who mock me, especially when I am not acting in a way that would warrant disrespect or any sort of aggression. I try to be kind and respectful, I would appreciate for that sentiment to be reciprocated
If you think what I was doing was mockery, you have very low bar. The only thing that I can think of that I would consider even vaguely as mockery was my crack about your math skills regarding 0^0. Quite frankly, not many people outside of technical disciplines would realize this.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

mlecyq

Aupmanyav wrote: There may be no God but religion still remains. There are benefits of religion, for theists as well as atheists.
  Me: what benefits? Threatning children and other people with torture, dont letting them to question things but be obedient to authority, wars, killing people who work on weekends, killing disobedient children, killing adulterers, don't care about your life, people around you case some lunatic said everything you need is he?

Frosty wrote: Here comes the people that claim that the bible is supported by thousands of years of research, experts vouching for it's validity, other documents confirming it, and historical references that make it the most accurate book in the history of the world.
  Me: Yeah but You agree that the number of people doesn't show if it is true or not, and we actually prove it isn't by pointing contradictions, and showing it is dangerous.

St Giordano Bruno

Why not 1-1=0 and we just happening to discussing this +1 portion of the universe but the sum total is still only zero. 
Voltaire - "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities"