News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Ten Million Year Old Mastodon Fossil Found

Started by SGOS, June 15, 2014, 05:32:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/fossil-found-during-new-mexico-bachelor-party-is-10-million-years-old

Quotepartygoers stumbled across the skull this week, complete with its tusks, buried in sand at Elephant Butte State Park, about 155 miles (250 km) south of Albuquerque... buried in about four feet (1.2 meters) of lake silt.

..."This mastodon find is older than the woolly mammoth that tread the Earth in the Ice Age. ... It probably died on a sandbar of the ancient Rio Grande River,"

...Mastodons were relatives of the elephant that stood 10 feet (3 meters) tall and migrated to North America some 15 million years ago. They ranged across the continent with saber tooth tigers, giant sloths and American camels before becoming extinct about 10,000 years ago.

Morgan said the unusual discovery came to light after some water was drained from the Elephant Butte Lake two weeks ago to provide irrigation for parts of southern New Mexico and Texas.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Fssst, the earth is only 6,000 years old.

frosty

Quote from: josephpalazzo on June 15, 2014, 07:04:49 AM
Fssst, the earth is only 6,000 years old.

Yes, so this finding must be some type of secular Atheist conspiracy. It must be!!!

Nam

Quote from: frosty on June 15, 2014, 05:53:54 PM
Yes, so this finding must be some type of secular Atheist conspiracy. It must be!!!

Don't tell Kentucky, unless they serve you fry chicken and whiskey...then you have to to thank them.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

frosty

Quote from: Nam on June 15, 2014, 08:06:11 PM
Don't tell Kentucky, unless they serve you fry chicken and whiskey...then you have to to thank them.

-Nam

I'll take the fried chicken, they can keep the whiskey. I don't like Alcohol.

Oh, and I'll take some fries, coleslaw and mashed potatoes with that as well!!!

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Nam on June 15, 2014, 08:06:11 PM

-Nam
Last time I was in Kentucky I saw a dead baby bird on the sidewalk outside of a gas station. Someone proceeded to step on it, while wearing new sheos, and continue walking like nothing happened at all...I don't think I desire KFC ever again.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Nam

Quote from: frosty on June 15, 2014, 09:05:34 PM
I'll take the fried chicken, they can keep the whiskey. I don't like Alcohol.

Oh, and I'll take some fries, coleslaw and mashed potatoes with that as well!!!

What?!?! NO CORNBREAD!!! what kind of person are you? A cornbread hater?!?!

I hate cornbread.

-Nam

frosty

Quote from: Nam on June 15, 2014, 10:22:23 PM
What?!?! NO CORNBREAD!!! what kind of person are you? A cornbread hater?!?!

I hate cornbread.

-Nam

Heh, cornbread is OK, I prefer garlic bread. And of course, for dessert I like their chocolate cake they always package with the meals. KFC might be terrible for you but it tastes so fucking good.

Nam

The only thing I like at KFC is their chicken strips. I got 40 the other day, took me three days to eat them. I'm more into Maryland Chicken. Used to love Hardee's chicken but they stopped making it (the one near me) 4 years ago. :'( Might as well just change their name to Carl's Jr which is what they fucking are!

-Nam

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Nam on June 15, 2014, 11:39:36 PM
The only thing I like at KFC is their chicken strips. I got 40 the other day, took me three days to eat them. I'm more into Maryland Chicken. Used to love Hardee's chicken but they stopped making it (the one near me) 4 years ago. :'( Might as well just change their name to Carl's Jr which is what they fucking are!

-Nam
What? No love for this beastie?

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Nam