Homosexual Juggernaut Is Creating Fascist Police State. Seriously.

Started by stromboli, June 02, 2014, 06:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atheon

Of course, the author doesn't mention how he comes to this conclusion. So the same argument could be applied to anything. "I have seen an increasing number of people carrying umbrellas lately. Ergo: armies of fascists will take over and round us up, never to see us again!" "Miley Cyrus stuck her tongue out on TV. Ergo: armies of fascists will take over and round us up, never to see us again!"
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Hydra009

Quote from: Atheon on June 06, 2014, 12:20:26 AM
Of course, the author doesn't mention how he comes to this conclusion. So the same argument could be applied to anything. "I have seen an increasing number of people carrying umbrellas lately. Ergo: armies of fascists will take over and round us up, never to see us again!" "Miley Cyrus stuck her tongue out on TV. Ergo: armies of fascists will take over and round us up, never to see us again!"
I've nicknamed this argument ad apocalypse.

You can strengthen any weak argument against something by claiming that the end result will be cataclysmic.

♪ When in doubt, just add apocalypse! ♫

SGOS

Quote from: Atheon on June 06, 2014, 12:20:26 AM
That's the first thing that jumped out at me.  How he makes connections is a wonder.  I guess during a good rant you don't need to make connections.  Just name a bunch of things that piss you off, and therefore assume one causes the others.

stromboli

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 06, 2014, 12:42:20 AM

You can strengthen any weak argument against something by claiming that the end result will be cataclysmic.

That is fucking brilliant. I think you have just defined a whole new branch of argument ad absurdium.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Hydra009 on June 06, 2014, 12:42:20 AM

Will "orgasmic" do in a pinch?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Munch

Don't you just love this victim mentality created by these upper to middle class white straight Christian conservatives?

It's like seeing my 4 year old nephew slap his 2 year old brother and then cry for his mama because the slap hurt his hand.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Brian37

Fuck big oil, we need to ban tin foil, too many people make hats out of it.
"We are a nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus -- and nonbelievers." Obama
Poetry By Brian37 Like my poetry on Facebook Under BrianJames Rational Poet and also at twitter under Brianrrs37

Savior2006

It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano