News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Things that really make you happy...

Started by Jack89, June 01, 2014, 10:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack89

It seems that most of the threads lately express what makes people unhappy, so I thought it would be good hear what makes you happy.  I'll start.

- Family
- I really enjoy seeing people realize their goals. 
- Committed love.  The superficial romantic stuff is nice, but I really like to see a couple who are in it for the long haul. 
- Being pain-free all day.
- Sincere smiles.  Especially on a beautiful woman, it melts my heart.

Cheers

Mermaid

Water. Especially the salt variety. I can't get enough of it.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Solitary

Knowing when I'm in pain it will end sooner or latter, and if I'm not, happy I am not in pain. I think the beauty in the world, in math, in music, the feeling of love, enjoying life the best I can makes me happy---even without legal drugs. When I was younger it was extreme sports.  Actually after everything I've been through in the last few years---just being alive. Solitary 

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Hydra009

Green Bottle

God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

the_antithesis

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mermaid

PickelledEggs

Making art

Looking at other people's art and talking about their concept process

Picking people's brains

This thread

Stand up comedy

Making other people laugh

Video games

Cartoons from the early 90s

Anime

Really dirty jokes

Alone time

Being with friends

Pizza

Sushi

Grilled cheese

Other various foods

Audio books

Music

Singing and playing either my harmonicas or guitar

Sent via your mom.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: drunkenshoe on June 01, 2014, 02:20:09 PM
I agree with the sea (I am only familiar with Mediterranean and Aegean though), free time to have a long masturbation and beer.  Red wine. Reading in bed when it is raining mad outside. Storms. Hearing the thunder. (That last peak of that sound that makes you think ok this time something is coming down) Snow. Playing a silly game that I love for hours. Walking very early in the morning through sea, pine, oleaster (?) smell burning my throat. Feeling sun burnt on my skin when feeling cold. The smell of my hair after swimming. Eating very salty green plums/green almonds till my stomach aches. Lemon juice. Eating fresh spicy calamari or octopus spaghetti with home made wine. Octopus salad and fish. First cig with the morning tea. Realising something new and different about a thing I know that I never thought of before. Flying in dreams. My crazy weird movie like dreams. Thinking outloud about everything that I am curious of. Cats.

I thought Absolut Citron also makes you happy :lol:

Sent via your mom.

aitm

Storms. Hearing the thunder.

I used to love to pull a small mattress out into the screen porch when it really stormed and I would lay there and absorb it. Just so fucking calming to me. The kid got it from me, so she would never be afraid of the storms. Unfortunately, harder to teach dogs to be unafraid. But heavy heavy rain, pounding thunder, blistering lightning...ah...the only thing that could top it of course, would be to have a gal under me as I just let her have it.......ahhhh....memories....
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Solitary

I agree with the sea (I am only familiar with Mediterranean and Aegean though), free time to have a long masturbation and beer.  Red wine. Reading in bed when it is raining mad outside. Storms. Hearing the thunder. (That last peak of that sound that makes you think ok this time something is coming down) Snow. Playing a silly game that I love for hours. Walking very early in the morning through sea, pine, oleaster (?) smell burning my throat. Feeling sun burnt on my skin when feeling cold. The smell of my hair after swimming. Eating very salty green plums/green almonds till my stomach aches. Lemon juice. Eating fresh spicy calamari or octopus spaghetti with home made wine. Octopus salad and fish. First cig with the morning tea. Realising something new and different about a thing I know that I never thought of before. Flying in dreams. My crazy weird movie like dreams. Thinking outloud about everything that I am curious of. Cats.
Vivid dreams you can control are a real trip. I keep having this dream I am working again and can't find my car to go home in, and start walking, and can remember where I'm going and wake up. Almost every night in a different place. I think it is from watching the movie: The thirteenth Floor. Vivid dreaming is a real blast when it has sexual content in it and you can control the action.