Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

FBI Tries to Sting Joe Montana

Started by SGOS, June 17, 2014, 08:13:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SGOS

I found this interesting and somewhat alarming:

http://news.yahoo.com/fbi-tried-lure-joe-montana-sting-185029823.html

QuoteIn an effort to sniff out corruption across California a year ago, an FBI agent met with football legend Joe Montana under the guise of a potential investor for Montana’s new hotel venture next to the new San Francisco 49ers’ stadium.

Montana was reportedly unaware of the agent’s real identity. Montana was never asked to do anything illegal, but also apparently did not enter into business with the agent, due to not being interested in new investors in general.

I usually think of a sting as something done to get evidence where wrongdoing is suspected, not just trolling like this appears to be.  Doesn't the FBI have enough to do?

PopeyesPappy

Quote from: SGOS on June 17, 2014, 08:13:27 AM
I usually think of a sting as something done to get evidence where wrongdoing is suspected, not just trolling like this appears to be.  Doesn't the FBI have enough to do?

This story isn't new. First I heard about it was early in May. Apparently Montana's name came up while the FBI was investigating state Sen. Leland Yee and Chinatown tong leader Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow. It is possible that the FBI did have reason to suspect Montana even if he hadn't done anything illegal, and weren't just trolling.

It is also possible they were just trolling...
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

SGOS

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on June 17, 2014, 09:35:43 AM
This story isn't new. First I heard about it was early in May. Apparently Montana's name came up while the FBI was investigating state Sen. Leland Yee and Chinatown tong leader Raymond "Shrimp Boy" Chow. It is possible that the FBI did have reason to suspect Montana even if he hadn't done anything illegal, and weren't just trolling.

It is also possible they were just trolling...
Yeah, there is quite often something important is not disclosed in articles like this.

AllPurposeAtheist

To bad they didn't catch him cheating on his taxes. Joe Montana=bad. Cincinnati Bengals=good and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 17, 2014, 02:39:23 PM
To bad they didn't catch him cheating on his taxes. Joe Montana=bad. Cincinnati Bengals=good and nobody will ever convince me otherwise.

You misspelled "Too" as "To". Did I convince you of that, at least?

;-)

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Nam

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on June 18, 2014, 11:28:17 AM
I don't care.

Oh, well. Some people just can't be convinced. I'm most likely one of those people, to.

;-)

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!