Counter-argument to the free will apologetics

Started by Shol'va, May 27, 2014, 06:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_antithesis

Quote from: ClareTherese on June 01, 2014, 06:25:29 PM
You going to answer the questions?

No point. Not because you're banned but because those were not questions. Those were a defense mechanism you were employing to try to avoid deserved criticism and having to be honest with yourself.

You remain a terrible person.

I hope you are right about hell so that you will burn in it.

Art Axmann

Quote from: stromboli on May 27, 2014, 08:19:35 PM
By that same logic, if god has ever intervened on behalf of or to the detriment of man, he has then violated his own tenet of free will. And he has.

If there's free will ,there's God. How else do you explain rational thought?
If nature and materialism is all there is in the universe then all our actions are based on pure mechanics.
If that's true and our perceptions and human consciousness is nothing more than that ,then they can't be by definition rational.

They would have to be pure mechanics.

Mandingo

Quote from: Art Axmann on June 02, 2014, 10:33:05 PM
If there's free will ,there's God. How else do you explain rational thought?
If nature and materialism is all there is in the universe then all our actions are based on pure mechanics.
If that's true and our perceptions and human consciousness is nothing more than that ,then they can't be by definition rational.

They would have to be pure mechanics.

So far they are.
Nothing spiritual about the big bang, afaic.

Contemporary Protestant

I think her "lol"s were very condescending and regret showing initial support, I do not stand behind this sort of rhetoric or behavior

Mandingo

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 09:05:48 PM
I think her "lol"s were very condescending and regret showing initial support, I do not stand behind this sort of rhetoric or behavior

Thanks, brother. Want a beer?

Anonymousbeliever

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on June 03, 2014, 09:05:48 PM

I thought she was very respectful and civil. I'm pretty surprised considering how she was being treated lol. No one, including you, called those people out on it except her when she was laughed at, disrespected and attacked. Her putting "lol" wasn't being very condescending imho. She probably just literally found it a little funny.

Contemporary Protestant

I actually backed her up on another thread, until she started flaming, then i stopped supporting

The initial thread she was on, was mine, and I deleted it because it was so bad, ya only saw the later half man