News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Fossils Have Discredited Macroevolution!

Started by anonymousMuslim, May 27, 2014, 04:57:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anonymousMuslim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poHbCOYcYmg

[spoiler]
The paleontologist Stepehen Jay Gold admits: "The extreme rarity of transitional forms in the fossil record persists as the trade secret of paleontology."

Charles Darwin said in his "The origin of the species": "The number of intermediate varieties, which have formerly existed on the earth, [should] be truly enormous. Why then is not every geological formation and every stratum full of such intermediate links? Geology assuredly does not reveal any such gratuated organic chain; and this, perhaps is the most obvious and gravest objection which can be urged against my theory."

The Zoologist Mark Ridley says: "The fossil record of evolutionary change within single evolutionary lineage is very poor. If evolution is true, species originate through changes of ancestral species: one might expect to be able to see this in the fossil record. In fact it can be rarely seen. In 1859 Darwin could not cite a single example."

The paleontologist David M. Raup from "The Field Museum of Natural History", which has one of the largest collection of fossils in the whole world says: "We are now about 120 years after Darwin and the knowledge of the fossil record has been greatly expanded. We now have a quarter of a million fossil species, but the situation hasn't changed much. The record of evolution is still surprisingly jerky and, ironically, we have even fewer examples of evolutionary transition than we had in Darwin's time."

"The 'intermediate life forms' imagined by evolutionists never existed at any time"

I could quote many more but this video speaks for itself - the quotes are just bonus information :P

Right now I'm not talking about Islam or anything. I'm merely showing you that macroevolution is wrong.

So really... No evidence for macroevolution in fossils - where else should we look? In our imagination?
[/spoiler]

What do you think about this? Personally, I've began to doubt macroevolution(not micro!) because I haven't yet found a solid proof for it?
Please watch at least some of the video, perhaps read the quotes I have in the Spoilers... and give some feedback.

Please try to keep calm and cool - and I'll try the same.

Gawdzilla Sama

There's no difference between micro and macro evolution except the time scale.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Besides the fact that the video is very long, it starts out with an obvious indication that it is apologetic in nature. It is not objective, but a biased argument. I for one don't have time to watch it.

DunkleSeele

DunkleSeele

When a video starts with a quote from the Quranal, you know it's shit. Simple as that.

aileron

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 27, 2014, 05:11:23 PM

That's cool... 

I also like Dawkins' use of the English language changing over time (not sure if it's originally from him).  No one disputes that English speaking parents could speak to English speaking kids, and yet almost no English speaking people today could carry on a conversation with Geoffrey Chaucer as evidenced by the difficulty we have reading his poems.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

PickelledEggs

anonymousMuslim

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 27, 2014, 05:07:56 PM
There's no difference between micro and macro evolution except the time scale.
Yes there is.

Can you give me fossil evidence that macroevolution is true?

Quote from: stromboli on May 27, 2014, 05:10:06 PM
Besides the fact that the video is very long, it starts out with an obvious indication that it is apologetic in nature. It is not objective, but a biased argument. I for one don't have time to watch it.
Just watch the first 5 mins or so - just skip it and watch a minute or so. It's very breathtaking.
Out of all the fossils we've found we can see that those living creatures we have a fossil of, haven't changed a bit.
Even though we have fossils of a 500 milllion year old crab (or was it a star fish?) and a 450 million old fossil of a lot of other creatures - who still exist today - we can compare them and see they are still the one and same. No changes. How is this explained, then?

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 27, 2014, 05:11:23 PM

Read the post above

plus: Bacteria that "evolves" still stays bacteria. The Darwin finches still stay finches - somewhat different but still finches.

Now, give me some evidence rather than theory that supports your theory of evolution.

PickelledEggs

Solitary

I didn't even finish the video because evolution is not a theory about how life started, but how it evolves. Even the Catholic Church accepts evolution with God's will. Also, evolution is not about accidents causing change, but genetic changes passed on to offspring.  :fU: And the camel you rode in on.  :biggrin2: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

DunkleSeele

The Skeletal Atheist

Small changes over time produce big changes later. You're not going to see many "smoking gun" transitional fossils because the changes are so gradual. That this is so hard to understand for those that try to deny macroevolution (or "evolution", as it's more properly called) is testimony to either idiocy or intellectual dishonesty.

As per a nice "transitional" fossil: Titaalik. 

Quote from: anonymousMuslim on May 27, 2014, 05:19:23 PM
Now, give me some evidence rather than theory that supports your theory of evolution.

You have no fucking idea what "theory" means.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solitary

I just love when people that think God is the answer for everything want you to say in a post that takes years to learn in school. http://youtu.be/K7tQIB4UdiY Solitary

If evolution is not true, where did French Poodles come from? Evolutions answers that question and a thousand more, but a belief in God does not.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.