News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Diane Cooper

Started by PickelledEggs, May 27, 2014, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

I went downstairs just now to make a late lunch and heard my mom listening to this. This is part of a full cd that she bought. It's reminiscent of those corny brainwashing tapes from old tv shows. It must actually work too (the brainwashing), but only if your easily swayed by bullshit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmsxKp3WEM0

aileron

We're supposed to have 12 chakras?  Pretty sure I only have 11.  Should I ask my doctor for a handicapped parking tag?   
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

PickelledEggs

It's fucking weird. I quietly listened while I ate my lunch. In the cd, there is a massive amount of reverb added to her voice to make it more "mystic".

She keeps referring to the "golden age of atlantis" how the chakras are ruined now because the energy of the pyramids were drained by the negativity of humanity.

After I finished, I asked my mom if she remembered the ensophic ray cult she brought me to a few years ago. She did and knowing that she thought those people were the weirdest people we both have ever met, I know she had ill memories of that cult. I told her how much this lady and what she is saying reminded me of them and left it at that.

aileron

That's one of the problems I have with people thinking mainstream religion is harmless.  Once you accept the premise that it's a virtue to accept claims without supporting evidence and a vice to demand evidence from people with "deeply held beliefs", where does the batshit insanity end?
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

PickelledEggs

It doesn't end. That's the problem. People like this Diane Cooper lady... or Doreen Virtue.... or any of these sheepherders know that you don't have to explain anything or have something with validity to make people think it's true.

It's true because it is. And it's "harmless" because it's about being "peaceful and one with ones self... Except if you discount all the suckers that pour all their cash in to their faith healing gurus' pocket.

And that isn't even mainstream religion I'm talking about. That's the spiritual alternative belief BS.

This spiritual circlejerk will never end... and the reason for that is that a good portion of the human race believes what they want to believe or what is pleasant. Because who cares if it's true or not, right? As long as it's pleasant... "Don't worry about the problems we have to fix, guys. Praying and faith healing will make it all go away...." ...Morons

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

AllPurposeAtheist

I say we come up with a woo (ish) atheist figure since we're already accused of having a religion and just go ahead and soak these dipshits for every penny, buy a huge farm somewhere and build a 80 foot wall to keep the religibullshitiness out.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 27, 2014, 04:15:50 PM
I say we come up with a woo (ish) atheist figure since we're already accused of having a religion and just go ahead and sosk these dipshits for every penny, buy a huge farm somewhere and build a 80 foot wall to keep the religibullshitiness out.

Already done in the 60s

PickelledEggs

Actually, Zeena LaVey was pretty cute way back when.

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah? And the downside here?
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 27, 2014, 06:11:01 PM
Yeah? And the downside here?
no downside. Just saying that it was already done. I would say that it's an upside

Sent via your mom.

PickelledEggs

Why, stromboli. WHY!??

That squeaky voice will be ringing in my ears for the rest of the week. Excuse me while I try to repair my ears with some Danzig

SGOS

Well, that sort of reached a new level in bullshit.  You're mother paid for this?

stromboli

Quote from: PickelledEggs on May 27, 2014, 11:29:49 PM
Why, stromboli. WHY!??

That squeaky voice will be ringing in my ears for the rest of the week. Excuse me while I try to repair my ears with some Danzig

Because I can. MUHAHAHAHAAAAA..........