News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

are your parents still together?

Started by phattmatt, May 24, 2014, 06:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

If my mom was still ticking my parents would still be together, probably 60 years or more by now.  Mom died about 21 years ago and dad remarried a few years later and they've been together going on maybe 15 years? I don't really like her, but tolerate her. My dad has to sleep with her, not me.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shol'va

I believe this entire forum is in fact lying about their parents. Everybody knows you can't be an atheist unless your parents are divorced and you hate your dad.

Joking aside, my parents are together still.

aitm

Mine are in their 63rd year. Both healthy and active.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Nam

My parents were married for 39 years. My father divorced my mother last year because he didn't want to spend his retirement taking care of her. She has an autoimmune disease that makes her faint and go into epileptic seizures. So, I now take care of her.

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

TheGamingAtheist

Nope. I don't even know where my "father" is.

Nam

Quote from: TheGamingAtheist on July 09, 2014, 10:31:57 PM
Nope. I don't even know where my "father" is.

I know where my father is, I just don't care.

-Nam

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: Nam on July 09, 2014, 10:44:36 PM
I know where my father is, I just don't care.

-Nam
I wouldn't care either.  Personally because I hate him. With what you stated, I'd feel the same way Also. That's shitty but it's awesome that you're there for her

frosty

My parents have been divorced for almost 12 years now. But everything is fine. My dad is a hilarious, positive guy and my mother is re-married, still a thoughtful and energetic woman that I look up to.

Nam

Quote from: TheGamingAtheist on July 09, 2014, 10:48:09 PM
I wouldn't care either.  Personally because I hate him. With what you stated, I'd feel the same way Also. That's shitty but it's awesome that you're there for her

He told me a few years ago that he hates me but still loves me. I told him to fuck himself, and haven't spoken to him since.

-Nam

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: Nam on July 09, 2014, 11:19:39 PM
He told me a few years ago that he hates me but still loves me. I told him to fuck himself, and haven't spoken to him since.

-Nam
Lol sounds like my situation

Nam

Quote from: TheGamingAtheist on July 09, 2014, 11:20:10 PM
Lol sounds like my situation

I have never been good enough for him. Everything I do is wrong. We barely have spoken in the past 10 years, and not at all in 3 years. However, though he's treated me (psychologically) like shit most my life, my brother and sister are basically saints to him.

-Nam

TheGamingAtheist

Quote from: Nam on July 09, 2014, 11:25:07 PM
I have never been good enough for him. Everything I do is wrong. We barely have spoken in the past 10 years, and not at all in 3 years. However, though he's treated me (psychologically) like shit most my life, my brother and sister are basically saints to him.

-Nam
My little sister finally realized what a pos ours is. I haven't spoken to him for 5 years and have no intent to do so.