News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

are your parents still together?

Started by phattmatt, May 24, 2014, 06:03:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phattmatt

I'm always edified when I see a marriage that survives.  That is truly amazing when two people fall in love when they are young and foolish yet can live the rest of their lives together as one unit.

missingnocchi

Yes, mine are. I don't think edified is the word you're looking for.
What's a "Leppo?"

phattmatt

What is a better word for a good example that is inspiring and interesting?
How old were they when they got married ?

Shiranu

No, they aren't (of course, they were never wed to begin with). She had 3 children before me to two (or maybe three) different fathers, and he has had two wives and 4 children since. As for how many children she has had... I think around 8 all together.

As for my adopted family, my mom was married to my dad for 20 some years. They got married when she was 30 and he was 54.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

missingnocchi

Quote from: phattmatt on May 24, 2014, 06:18:59 AM
What is a better word for a good example that is inspiring and interesting?
How old were they when they got married ?

Late 20's.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/inspired
What's a "Leppo?"

AllPurposeAtheist

I wouldn't tell this turd my parents status if he paid me.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

phattmatt

I'm sorry u feel that way.  I hope to not provoke or offend you in the future and am working on being mature.  The best of wishes to ya

ApostateLois

Mine are both dead. Does that count?
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

Gawdzilla Sama

My parents are right next to each other.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mermaid

Yeah, mine are together. In the dirt.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Johan

Mine are pushing up the daisies together
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

PopeyesPappy

My parents are both together and alive. Today is their 53rd anniversary.
Save a life. Adopt a Greyhound.

the_antithesis

DunkleSeele

Quote from: PopeyesPappy on May 27, 2014, 04:23:58 PM
My parents are both together and alive. Today is their 53rd anniversary.
Congratulations to your parents, PopeyesPappy!

Mine will have their 57th anniversary in September, although I doubt my mom will get to see it.

aileron

My parents are married and alive.  59th wedding anniversary is later this month.
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez