The Prince Charles and Putin debate

Started by Munch, May 23, 2014, 12:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Pretty much. People tend to forget presidents,  PM's, etc., are supposedly there to serve the entire nation and not just the people who fund their elections. If it were to serve only the funders the Rothschild family would be the royal family of earth.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Green Bottle

Aye thats troo rite enuff, an these ppl make fortunes off the misery of the rest of us, fkn illuminati or whatever u want tae call them, bas tards all... im away for a game of snooker tae calm doon. :kidra:
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

michael

Quote from: aileron on May 23, 2014, 03:19:14 PM
While Putin is a petty tyrant, Prince Charles' comparison is unwarranted, ignorant, and childish.  Like it or not Putin is their elected leader and very popular among people in Russia.

I must say a word from Russia, this is a mistake to think Putin is an elected leader in here. Of course he's popular right now after the attack on Ukraine supported by mass propaganda and blatant lies on government TV (and there is no other). But there were no elections where opposition had any chance to participate. That should be clear.
If anyone is interested, I can start a topic to answer questions and explain situation in details.
Sir Timotheo Montenegro III

pioteir

Quote from: stromboli on May 23, 2014, 12:59:47 PM
Never been a fan of Prince Charles, but give him credit if he stands behind it. The British people have never been afraid to stand up for what they believe. And I agree, Putin is acting more like Hitler than any other leader I can think of.

^THAT!!

Quote from: aileron on May 23, 2014, 03:19:14 PM
While Putin is a petty tyrant, Prince Charles' comparison is unwarranted, ignorant, and childish.  Like it or not Putin is their elected leader and very popular among people in Russia.  This is mainly because Russians felt the transition from Communism was too abrupt and disorderly, and Putin is their way of getting a soft landing.

While Putin leaves a lot to be desired in a world leader, comparing him to someone who planned to starve the Slavic race into extermination simply makes Charles seem infantile. 

Where did You get Your latest political info from? Elected leader? Putin? Are You fuckin kidding me? He stays in power through tricks and "election". First he was president for 2  or 3 terms, then as it was not possible to "elect" him again due to constitution, so he became prime minister and all the power was transferred to... surprise surprise!!! prime minister's office!!! So he can stay in power as long as he can.

Second: You're saying Putin, and other before him in Russia/Soviet Union and before didn't starve and rob and murder people? Really? Guess what Stalin did when Nazis invaded Poland... He came to "help" us and... ended up staying for another 50 years! (killing any opposition, sending people to lagers in Syberia) So yea, when Putin sends his troops to help some people in another country I can see the similarity with "mustached painter" from Germany.

And the soft landing after collapsed communism is about... oh I don't know, returning to the olden days' methods, invading other nations and killing people. Soft indeed.

So all in all Charlie said what really IS going on. If he backs it all the way much props for him.

Hitch WAS right, Putin IS a "KGB goon and hood".

[edit] One more thing: The only thing Putin will respect is strength. Sanctions and the like will make no impact on what he's doing and in fact will reinforce his stance (weak or no real actions about his invasion on Ukraine makes western leaders look extremely weak). I wonder what would the US do when, say Canadians, would go "help" their people in Alaska and just by chance help themselves to some resources? What would they do I wonder?
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Hydra009

While it's not a perfect analogy, Putin's actions have been somewhat similar to Hitler, in the sense that he's an "elected" leader with a life term and full control of the government, an ardent nationalist, and has embarked on a very belligerent foreign policy, especially towards the former USSR countries of Georgia and Ukraine.

That said, while I neither particularly like nor dislike the British royal family, the concept of royalty turns my stomach and I'm very glad that it's mostly a thing of the past.  It requires an awfully short-sighted view of history to look back on that system of governance with fondness.  The same could be said about Putin's apparent fondness for the USSR's glory days.

pioteir

I just appreciate that someone among the ruling class/leader-type person/royalty/whatever said what is obvious and is still standing by it. No more no less. Myself not too keen on the whole royal god given right to rule idea (what a fuckin joke!).
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking