European Parliament Election Day

Started by Jason78, May 22, 2014, 04:57:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason78

It's the 22nd of May and I've still no idea of who to vote for.   So I'm narrowing down the list by eliminating people that I definitely wont be voting for.

Is anyone else voting today in the elections?  (this question is directed at Europeans obviously)
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

TubbyTubby

Of course. The chances to pretend we live in a democracy are so few that I always feel compelled to vote.
Using Tapatalk

AllPurposeAtheist

I'd cast (a vote) from where I live, but my fishing pole is far to short. Good luck getting reasonable people in office and if you do please export the technology here. We're using the miracle of Bible age technology in politics here.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jason78

I'd vote for the Pirate Party, but they are only contesting the north-west.

AllPurposeAtheist

We have the ADS (absolute dip shit) party here, but they're better known as Republicans.

SGOS

European Election Day??  Does that mean all countries in Europe have their elections on the same day?  Or is it just those in the European Union?  Is there some reason why this seems to be coordinated?

AllPurposeAtheist

I just remembered that today I'm 54 5/6th years old.  Birthday is July 22 so in two months I'll qualify for senior housing and might just get out of the Y. Now Europe has something to celebrate!
Pass the word Jason. It's 54 5/6ths day! It's not exactly up there with the end of WWII, but....

DunkleSeele

Quote from: SGOS on May 22, 2014, 06:30:13 AM
European Election Day??  Does that mean all countries in Europe have their elections on the same day?  Or is it just those in the European Union?  Is there some reason why this seems to be coordinated?
It's about the election of the EU parlament, and it's just for the EU member states (obviously). They don't even take place on the same day in all countries, for example Italy has them on Sunday.

All in all, a big waste of money for nothing (not a big fan of this EU here).

SGOS

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 22, 2014, 06:57:18 AM
It's about the election of the EU parlament, and it's just for the EU member states (obviously). They don't even take place on the same day in all countries, for example Italy has them on Sunday.

Thanks.

Jason78

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 22, 2014, 06:57:18 AM

The UK is doing the local council elections today as well, and there's slim pickings for candidates there too.

It's not a waste of money.  The UK needs to add its voice to that of Europe to make it work for all our benefit.

DunkleSeele

Quote from: Jason78 on May 22, 2014, 07:31:09 AM
The UK is doing the local council elections today as well, and there's slim pickings for candidates there too.

It's not a waste of money.  The UK needs to add its voice to that of Europe to make it work for all our benefit.
Sorry, but as an EU citizen I consider EU a big, fat failure. The "waste of money" didn't refer exclusively to UK, but to the whole concept of EU and EU parliament.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: DunkleSeele on May 22, 2014, 07:37:03 AM
Sorry, but as an EU citizen I consider EU a big, fat failure. The "waste of money" didn't refer exclusively to UK, but to the whole concept of EU and EU parliament.
But don't you want to be just like the Unaked Flakes of America with 50 different regions pretending to be their own little countries?

DunkleSeele

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 22, 2014, 08:28:56 AM
But don't you want to be just like the Unaked Flakes of America with 50 different regions pretending to be their own little countries?
Well, here in Switzerland where I live we have 26 different regions pretending to be their own little countries... no, scratch that, they ARE their own little countries!

(And Switzerland isn't in the EU and, hopefully, never will)

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 22, 2014, 06:38:21 AM
I just remembered that today I'm 54 5/6th years old.  Birthday is July 22 so in two months I'll qualify for senior housing and might just get out of the Y. Now Europe has something to celebrate!
Pass the word Jason. It's 54 5/6ths day! It's not exactly up there with the end of WWII, but....

If you haven't already, you will be inundated with AARP shit. I personally have not found them to be of much use. Choose wisely, my friend.

Green Bottle

I personally couldnt give a fk about the european elections, so even tho i have a vote i wont be using it,   voting to elect ''out for themselves politicians'' onto the european gravy train so they can swan around europe claiming allsorts of expenses while in reality not doin much at all for the ppl they represent, fk that  !!  Id much rather be out of europe than in but thats just me.

The only vote im interested in is the vote for Scottish independance.......  sept 18th
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''