News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The Debate - Mr.Obvious vs Casparov - Cast Your Vote

Started by josephpalazzo, May 14, 2014, 01:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

As the debate is winding down, it's time that we declare a winner (or maybe not)...

What says you?

Mr.Obvious

We'll be posting our final statements next, by the way. If that were to change anyone's minds they might want to hold off voting for a little while longer.

P.S. In all honesty, it's due to me that the debate is ending sooner than first planned; exams and thesis and whatnot are making it a bit too much to keep reading new papers and doing my own research and junk. (Casparov and Shol'va were very understanding of this.)
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

TrueStory

Please don't take anything I say seriously.

Solitary

Strom, just quit being so logical, Casparov is just "mental," not a strawman. Jeeze! A guy tries to be not religious and believes in God and you say he's not logical. Dumb atheist! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: TrueStory on May 14, 2014, 02:46:10 PM
What's a god?

Some kind of supernatural sky-daddy living out of space and time that theists really really believe created the universe, so I thought I just couldn't leave it out as an option in this poll. :madu:

Solitary

It would have taken a miracle for God to intercede, and he's too busy making tornados, floods, mud slides, floods (his favorite), and trying to figure out if He should help out the Muslims or Christians in their terrorism. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Shol'va

Quote from: Mr.Obvious on May 14, 2014, 01:42:22 PM
We'll be posting our final statements next, by the way. If that were to change anyone's minds they might want to hold off voting for a little while longer.

P.S. In all honesty, it's due to me that the debate is ending sooner than first planned; exams and thesis and whatnot are making it a bit too much to keep reading new papers and doing my own research and junk. (Casparov and Shol'va were very understanding of this.)

I thought those were your final arguments, I guess I was incorrect.
But let me say this. I hope you've grown up a little, now that you realize what it means to be commited to other things that take precedence, and stop your childish shenanigans of bitching and moaning that nobody wants to debate you and therefore it must mean we don't have an argument.

Mr.Obvious

Quote from: Shol'va on May 14, 2014, 06:18:03 PM
I thought those were your final arguments, I guess I was incorrect.
But let me say this. I hope you've grown up a little, now that you realize what it means to be commited to other things that take precedence, and stop your childish shenanigans of bitching and moaning that nobody wants to debate you and therefore it must mean we don't have an argument.

Was that meant for my opponent? It's a bit unclear seeing as you replied to me but I don't think that I complained that no-one wanted to debate me :s
If it was meant at me, sorry for any inconvenience I caused you.

Shol'va

You know what? It's been a long week for me. I read your reply as coming from Casparov.
As such I withdraw what I've said, but won't delete my response. I own up to my blunder and I owe you an apology :)
Sorry if I made you feel bad.
Casparov also took some time to provide some responses and seemed eager to end the debate, and that is why I was reading one thing and registering something else.
Definitely a facepalm moment right there.

Mr.Obvious

no worries :D
Thanks for your patience with both of us.

josephpalazzo

The show is over.

Casparov has admitted defeat:

QuoteI have undoubtedly failed at proving the existence of God.

http://atheistforums.com/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=25503

LONG LIVE ATHEISM  LONG LIVE ATHEISM      LONG LIVE ATHEISM          LONG LIVE ATHEISM               LONG LIVE ATHEISM

stromboli

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 22, 2014, 10:21:09 AM
The show is over.

Casparov has admitted defeat:

LONG LIVE ATHEISM  LONG LIVE ATHEISM      LONG LIVE ATHEISM          LONG LIVE ATHEISM               LONG LIVE ATHEISM

:super: :dance:

josephpalazzo

4 voted I don't care, 1 voted I don't know... what a bunch of fucking losers. :axe: