Could you live in a 'haunted' house?

Started by Mr.Obvious, May 14, 2014, 05:44:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nam

I once fell asleep at the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom, does that count?

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Munch

Quote from: Nam on July 17, 2014, 01:05:15 PM
I once fell asleep at the Haunted Mansion at Magic Kingdom, does that count?

-Nam

it does if the creepypasta about the magic kingdom has anything to say about it.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Jason Harvestdancer

Come on, if it actually was haunted that would be the coolest thing ever.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Jason_Harvestdancer on July 17, 2014, 03:09:55 PM
Come on, if it actually was haunted that would be the coolest thing ever.
And a meal ticket.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Unbeliever

Since ghosts (if they exist) could not have the ability to affect the material world at all, such a house would be perfectly safe, as long as humans haven't played around with it. I'd love to give it a shot, as long a Criss Angel hasn't been anywhere near it.
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Nam

Quote from: Unbeliever on July 17, 2014, 08:45:37 PM
Since ghosts (if they exist) could not have the ability to affect the material world at all, such a house would be perfectly safe, as long as humans haven't played around with it. I'd love to give it a shot, as long a Criss Angel hasn't been anywhere near it.

If they have no effect on the material world, how would one even know it's haunted?

-Nam
Mad cow disease...it's not just for cows, or the mad!

Munch

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on July 17, 2014, 03:59:01 PM
And a meal ticket.

a book and movie deal.

or... sadly.. having ghost adventures crew coming around and shitting all over your house.

"Ah!! I Can... Smell... Something really bad down here!!"

Unbeliever

Quote from: Nam on July 17, 2014, 08:52:46 PM
If they have no effect on the material world, how would one even know it's haunted?

-Nam

Ummm...wishful thinking?
God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

Aupmanyav

I am a strong atheist, not believing in soul or God. I think I may survive (my hallucinations). Way back in my school days, way back home from private tuition passed by a grave-yard, and the time was after dark.
"Brahma Satyam Jagan-mithya" (Brahman is the truth, the observed is an illusion)
"Sarve Khalu Idam Brahma" (All this here is Brahman)

SGOS

I suppose it would depend on what kind of spirits were haunting the house.

Munch

Although being atheist does make me a skeptic first and foremost, I have followed the stories from Lorraine Warren on the hauntings she's encountered.

The creepy thing is how she and her husband Ed kept from many cases objects that are meant to contain supernatural presences, including the infamous annabelle doll, and she has a priest come by and bless the place she keeps all the objects.

This is one of these things where I fall into the catagory of more agnostic, in that I don't know what truth there is to all this, but maybe there might be something.

The conjuring was a good movie at least. 

the_antithesis

Munch

Quote from: the_antithesis on July 20, 2014, 10:31:06 AM
All houses are haunted.

Even this one?

that would be a like ass to face ratio between living and spirit.

Atheon

I lived in a house in which a husband and wife died (separately and of natural causes), with no incident. A very nice house. I've also slept in the room in which my grandmother died.

If I was in a house in which someone was tortured and cruelly murdered, it would bother me because entering the room where it happened would make me think of that horrific suffering that took place there. I would also consider resale value.
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Munch

Quote from: Atheon on July 20, 2014, 01:20:02 PM
I lived in a house in which a husband and wife died (separately and of natural causes), with no incident. A very nice house. I've also slept in the room in which my grandmother died.

If I was in a house in which someone was tortured and cruelly murdered, it would bother me because entering the room where it happened would make me think of that horrific suffering that took place there. I would also consider resale value.

Before me and my brother were born, our brother (seems strange saying that considering) who developed terminal cancer and died age 12 also died in my mothers home. Theres never been anything to suggest his presence is there, which makes me glad, just the idea of a presence lingering around because maybe they died in pain would be horrible.