How to you tell people to f*** off politely?

Started by St Giordano Bruno, May 12, 2014, 08:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh dear me, would you kindly insert your penile appendage into your anal opening? Preferably somewhere else.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

Quote from: drunkenshoe on May 26, 2014, 02:12:41 AM
First you need to figure out why you are really annoyed, I guess. You seem to be annoyed more that he is obese rather than his snide remarks. I'm curious what would be the outcome of annoyance, if the annoying person was a smoking hot chick or a fine male specimen. (Pick according to your sexual preference.)

To me you are the annoying person, because you couldn't come with a simple line as 'Leave me alone, I don't want to chat with you' or simply 'Leave me alone to my exercise' or 'Go away' or even 'fuck off'. You had to include his handicap.

People who feel compelled to express their annoyance by using some other's handicap as an insult are pretty much people with some kind of inferiority complex themselves. I think they are underdeveloped and very annoying. Politely, they need to fuck off.

Is psycho babul allowed here? He! He! Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Billy Connolly will explain why just saying "Fuck off" is the clearest, most effective thing to say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPWVq6MwW4E

SGOS

If you want someone to fuckoff, you've pretty much discarded any sort of civility at that point.  So the question is why be polite about it?  The whole point of "Fuck off" is not about being polite.

Of course you can sit down and have a heart felt discussion about why you're offended, annoyed, and why you believe change in the other person's behavior is important to maintain a friendship. 

But that lacks the clarity and emotional content of "Fuck off."

Gawdzilla Sama

I was reading a book at a diner at the head of the pier where my ship was docked, in Yokosuka, Japan, circa 1982. This guy comes over and sits down and tries to talk to me. He was more than a little stupid and a conversation with him would have been painful. So I told him "Look, I'm reading here. Go away."

"What? You'd rather read than have some good conversation."

"I love good conversation, that's why I told you to go away."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 27, 2014, 08:46:36 AM
I was reading a book at a diner at the head of the pier where my ship was docked, in Yokosuka, Japan, circa 1982. This guy comes over and sits down and tries to talk to me. He was more than a little stupid and a conversation with him would have been painful. So I told him "Look, I'm reading here. Go away."

"What? You'd rather read than have some good conversation."

"I love good conversation, that's why I told you to go away."

One of my personal hates is when you are talking to someone and another person comes along and either jumps in or addresses one of you while ignoring the other. They do not deserve a kind reply.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on May 27, 2014, 02:33:23 PM
One of my personal hates is when you are talking to someone and another person comes along and either jumps in or addresses one of you while ignoring the other. They do not deserve a kind reply.
I shoot them. In a non-faggy way, of course.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on May 27, 2014, 07:57:39 PM
Balls never touched.
Please, no pics because I believe it happened. You don't have to convince me.

Munch

Do what I do, fake having a hypoglycemic attack and excuse yourself from the conversion.
'Political correctness is fascism pretending to be manners' - George Carlin

Jason78

I usually just say "Excuse me.".   Should I continue to get pestered, then I politely remind them that "Excuse me." is often backed up by his two big brothers:  "Fuck", and "Off".

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato