News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

free world leadership

Started by individual, May 11, 2014, 12:03:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

individual

Heard some one on TV call Obama the leader of the free world.  Maybe that was
intended as a joke but I don't think anyone was laughing. Call his failed presidency
leadership? He has NEVER led the USA into anything but more and more chaos and to
call him a world leader is an ridiculous as calling him a Nobel laureate. The free world seriously
needs to look elsewhere for leadership. Obama has failed the world as well as the
USA with regard to leadership. To quote a conservative newsman, "Obama's foreign
and domestic policies are completely unblemished by success".

It makes one shudder to imagine Hillary Clinton "leading" the free world given her
resplendent career as a whatever "what difference does it make now" record.

the_antithesis

Wow, that was fast.

I already don't like you.

stromboli

Wel, at least it didn't waste time getting to the biased viewpoint.

Hydra009

Quote from: individual on May 11, 2014, 12:03:43 PMIt makes one shudder to imagine Hillary Clinton "leading" the free world given her resplendent career as a whatever "what difference does it make now" record.
Two-term U.S. Senator and Secretary of State?

Poison Tree

Whatever happened to needing 10 posts to start a non-introduction thread?
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

stromboli

AllPurposeAtheist

I didn't know FEMA death camps let people use computers to post on this site. We better tell the president to get the security in those camps tightened up right away.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Jmpty

Don't worry, I'm triangulating his IP address.......now. Got it! The black helicopters are on the way.
???  ??

GrinningYMIR

Now I'm not the biggest fan of old Barry, but usually people start by saying "hi"

so "hi"
"Human history is a litany of blood shed over differing ideals of rulership and afterlife"<br /><br />Governor of the 32nd Province of the New Lunar Republic. Luna Nobis Custodit

Shiranu

The American's as the leaders of the free world has been a bad idea since the end of WW2, and has only lead to far more trouble than it is worth. That goes for both Democrats and Republicans.

Americans are good at war, at greed and corruption... we are good at getting people to work together for the wrong reasons. I think the English have us beat at it, but we don't do it through subtle means. If you want to look at leaders of the free world, lets look towards Scandinavia, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, France... countries that actually have their shit together.

Obama, sad for you, has nothing to do with this. We as a culture are simply unfit to lead.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

individual

Hi! any one 'sides me notice how mamabama jets all over the world repeatedly on the taxpayers' dime?
    Unprecedented in my memory. In any other place 'sides Merica that would be called corruption. Probably
    nothing new here and of course I'm a racist and y'all should blame Bush.

Hakurei Reimu

You do know that all dignitaries jet around the world on the dime of their respective countries, don't you?

Putting in face time is important for diplomacy. The fact that Bush didn't do this part of the reason why he did so much damage to this country's foreign policy.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Shiranu

Quote from: individual on June 18, 2014, 05:37:56 PM
Hi! any one 'sides me notice how mamabama jets all over the world repeatedly on the taxpayers' dime?
  Unprecedented in my memory.

Er...

Bush took about 4 times more vacations than Obama did.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/aug/12/al-sharpton/al-sharpton-defends-obama-family-vacation-saying-g/

Granted, you can say he was working from home (which I figure he did do some of), but at the same time... you can argue that Obama is doing his job.

If it isn't Obama/Bush, it is their VP, their Secretary of State, their diplomats and ambassadors or some other representative. One way or another we are going to be paying their (or their representative's) airfare. The fact that Obama is willing to go and make these deals and discussions face to face is a good thing, even as much as I don't like him and find him rather spineless on many important issues. This is about as big of non-issue as you can possibly find about the guy.

Now, if you want to really discuss wasting taxpayer money on travel, take a look at some of the Republicans who have been caught taking full vacations on the taxpayer's dime and writing it off as "business related". I am 99.99% sure Democrats do it to, but Republicans were the one's who got caught (the one who was flying down to see his mistress in South America really gets a chuckle out of me, since this was a very "family values" guy).

Unprecedented, hardly, considering it is going on at all levels of the government.

QuoteIn any other place 'sides Merica that would be called corruption.

Not even close. One of the many roles of president is to be the spokesman for the country, and that involves flying to summits, meetings and the like. If you take a look back in history, look at how many times some of the early ambassadors were back and forth between the U.S. and France... you think the boat's were free back then?

QuoteProbably
    nothing new here and of course I'm a racist and y'all should blame Bush.

I don't think your a racist, simply because I don't know you, but I do think you are very ignorant and attacking a very weak president for very wrong reasons.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Green Bottle

Ok, so Obama mite not be the best president america ever had but noway is he the worst as u seem to be saying.
I must admit when he was elected i thought he would be gd for the us and the world but he seems to have been corrupted by politics just like every other politician who is elected to high office.
George bush was the worst president america has ever had but thats just my opinion.......
God doesnt exist, but if he did id tell him to ''Fuck Off''

Shiranu

QuoteGeorge bush was the worst president america has ever had but thats just my opinion.......

Grant was worse, and a few worse that I am too sleepy to remember their names and issues.