What? No thread about the NON-CRUCIFIXTION?

Started by aitm, May 05, 2014, 07:47:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aitm

A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

I saw this a few days ago but didn't post it because I think there needs to be more scrutiny as to whether it is legitimate or not. Antiquity or otherwise, I don't think it proves or disproves anything, although it might throw a wrench in the Vatican machinery. I'd need to see more authentication to be convinced.

aitm

of course, but what mischievous fun we can have......they throw the babble we throw this back and say, "proove it happened when this book says it din't.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

Quote from: aitm on May 05, 2014, 08:02:40 PM
of course, but what mischievous fun we can have......they throw the babble we throw this back and say, "proove it happened when this book says it din't.

Lol. You mischievous man you. I'm more about the scholarship aspects, but have some fun.  :biggrin:

stromboli

There are a couple of points to be made about this. First that of the exclusion of texts by the Vulgate and other approved versions smacks of unscrupulous editing, the other is that the books themselves, all of them, may not in fact be anything but fictional works based on a popular myth of the time.

Scholars automatically assume because of the antiquity of something it is a seruious piece of literature, but just as we can write Happy Potter today, there is no reason they couldn't produce something similar back then.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: stromboli on May 05, 2014, 09:35:29 PM
the other is that the books themselves, all of them, may not in fact be anything but fictional works based on a popular myth of the time.
Actually, that sums up the whole body of work.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mandingo

Quote from: aitm on May 05, 2014, 07:47:33 PM
http://higherperspective.com/2014/05/1500-year-old-bible-claims-jesus-christ-crucified-vatican-awe.html

This is simply another real life 'Da Vinci Code'-type complication the Vatican certainly could do without. But this pope is an arch Jesuit. The arch Jesuit. He was the Jesuit Order's General, the top dog Jesuit, before he got the be pope. And Jesuits are a military-type order of scientists, machinators and hard core liars. For 7 centuries they also been in charge of conducting the inquisition. They still are today.

It will be interesting to see how pope Frank slithers his ass out of this one.

stromboli

You mean..... the bible is made up bull shit? NOOOOOO!

Oh, by the way, aitm. Clever play on words with the crucifixtion.

leo

I think this is  a good material  to troll  Christians.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

josephpalazzo

It's obvious that the Vatican will declare it to be a fake. It should apply the same skepticism to the other gospels, but don't hold your breath on that.

stromboli

Hopefully right thinking scholars with no agenda will ascertain the authenticity of it. Letting the Catholic church have any say at all is like being the jury at their own trial.

Contemporary Protestant

http://www.unchangingword.com/obj_hist_16barnabas.php

This is a muslim site, and they have a good critique of the gospel of Barnabas 

Mandingo

Are there any authoritative Xtian 'scholars' backing this gospel and its implications yet?
Or can't they out of fear of being ex-communicated?
Being a Jesuit I think Frank will knee-jerk and, being the Grand Inquisitor, send out death squads to anyone who dares to utter as much as a peep about it.
Expect professors falling off bridges and researchers choking on pizzas double cheese.  :)