News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

NFL Draft

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, May 08, 2014, 03:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

It's kinda late this year, but anyone have a favorite you want your team to draft? I'm just hoping the Bengals take the best players available instead of reaching. First round is tonight.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 08, 2014, 03:02:36 PM
It's kinda late this year, but anyone have a favorite you want your team to draft? I'm just hoping the Bengals take the best players available instead of reaching. First round is tonight.

The fact that you started this thread, being a Bengals fan, points to a level of masochism unheard of here before. I think self flagellation would be less painful.

AllPurposeAtheist

We refer to it as paying our dues to sing the blues in this neck of the woods. :lol:
At least we're not Cleveland.  HA!

stromboli

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on May 08, 2014, 07:08:58 PM
We refer to it as paying our dues to sing the blues in this neck of the woods. :lol:
At least we're not Cleveland.  HA!

Well, there is that. THANK GOD WE'RE NOT CLEVELAND!

:pidu: :pidu: :clap: :clap: :clap: :super: :super: :super: :kidra: :kidra: :kidra:

(BTW, you know that "Redskin" guy will be back....)

AllPurposeAtheist

Actually Cleveland has a boatload of 1st round picks coming up next year, but they always waste em.

AllPurposeAtheist

WOOT! Got Dennard from Michigan.. Take that Johnny Football!
NFL Draft Report data shared by Dave-Te' Thomas of Scouting Services on Steelersdepot.com shows Dennard played cornerback at Michigan State last season more effectively than any other cornerback of the the BCS era (1998-2014).

Dennard had 111 passes targeted to his area last season, and only 17 were completed (15.32 percent) for 91 yards â€" he defended 14 passes, with four interceptions and 10 deflections. On 55.86 percent of those passes, Dennard re-routed or jammed his man away from the ball.

The receivers averaged 5.35 yards per reception against Dennard, the lowest figure by any defensive back since the BCS era begin in 1998.

The 0.8198 yards per pass attempt is the lowest since The NFL Draft Report began compiling in-depth statistics in 1968. For some perspective on that, two-time NFL Defensive Player of the Year Deion Sanders held teams to 0.935 yards per attempt in 1988 at Florida State.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ha! Guess what other QBs were drafted #22.. Brandon Weaden, Brady Quinn, Rex Grossman, 2 of them by the Browns, now a 3rd.