Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser Experiment

Started by josephpalazzo, May 07, 2014, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

Casparov, Why does this sound like you?

Despite a huge fan following, Deepak Chopra, the world-renowned guru on spirituality and mind-body medicine, has drawn a lot of flak. He has frequently been criticized for his beliefs. People have been sceptical about his reference to the relationship that he makes between quantum mechanics and healing. Critics say that his reference often lead to a confusing state about the theories of quantum measurement, de-coherence and the Heisenberg uncertainty principle.

Deepak Chopra Quotes is also criticized for overly mystifying Hinduism and Ayurveda. People have been questioning his knowledge of Ayurveda. He is accused for the elusive language he uses to explain this branch of medicine, thus alienating it from the mainstream. Some even accuse Mr. Chopra’s writings and lectures of being dishonest and hypocritical. His frequent admonishing on materialism is viewed as hypocrisy, since he continues live himself in a sprawling and luxurious mansion.

Others accuse Mr. Chopra of not using his current photograph on his web site or on the jackets of his newly released books, saying that he is hiding the fact that he is aging, though he claims to know the technique to over come the aging process. When asked to suggest creative ideas, in an interview, shortly prior to the US-led invasion of Iraq, he reportedly suggested the construction of a new Disney World theme park in the Middle East. He felt that it would help reduce the fear and anger in children, while Iraqi residents should be provided free access to CNN, MTV and Nickelodeon for their greater exposure to the rest of the world.

Mr. Chopra’s suggestions were ridiculed roundly.
P. Z. Myers, a well-known biologist, criticized Mr. Chopra severely for his theories by raising the question of genetics. On the other hand, several other scientists ridiculed him for his unscientific approach and methods.
Some critics even say that Mr. Chopra creates a false sense of hope in sick individuals. This, they say, often keep the sick from seeking traditional medical care. A few years ago, a Time article summed up Mr. Chopra’s beliefs and his quotes on various aspects of life thus: “Chopra has arguably been the most successful at erasing apparent differences between East and West by packaging Eastern mystique in credible Western garb …”

Chopra has written more than 65 books with 18 New York Times bestsellers. Deepak Chopra books have been translated into 35 languages and sold more than 20 million copies worldwide. His book, Peace Is the Way won the Quill Awards and The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of your Life received the Nautilus Award. FINS â€" Wall Street Journal, mentioned his book, “The Soul of Leadership”, as one of five best business books of 2011 to read for your career. Chopra is represented in the US by the literary agency, Trident Media Group.

His first book, Creating Health, is credited with helping to create initial, international recognition for Chopra. In the book, Skeptic’s Dictionary, the author Robert T. Carroll writes that Mr. Chopra is the “foremost advocate of Ayurvedic medicine in America”. He further states that according to Mr. Chopra, perfect health is a matter of choice; physical imbalances can be identified by taking the pulse; allergies are the result of poor digestion; and washing the eyes with saliva can prevent or even reverse cataracts. Mr. Carroll alleges that Mr. Chopra gave up his work in medicine to follow religion. But Mr. Chopra, refuting such allegations, says that he found the world of medicine utterly frustrating.

Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

TrueStory

Quote from: josephpalazzo on May 16, 2014, 09:56:50 AM
^^^^

Perfect example of someone who knows little about physics, and goes on quote-mining to prove an ideology. Creationists, Young-Earth-Creationists, Heliocentrists, Conspiracy theorists, and many other fanatics do exactly that.

I think even if Caspy took years to learn about physics on advanced courses he would still have the same position. 

I forget the exact statistics but Neil deGrasse Tyson has a great quote about even the most advanced and high level scientists as a group still have a percentage that believe a god impacts their life and even if the entire US population was highly educated we would still have believers.
Please don't take anything I say seriously.

josephpalazzo

A good percentage of the population is irretrievably lost.

Solitary

But they will be saved------by science, if they don't screw things up any worse with their superstitious dogma.  :wall: Solitary

Hakurei Reimu

Cas's gratuitous quote-mining is yet another example of his dishonest debating. You can literally make anyone imply anything you want them to imply by simply choosing your quotes well, like making Darwin sound like he doubted the veracity of his own theory, or make Einstein sound like he actually believed in a personal God.

Casparov, you are either willfully dishonest, or you don't know how to debate or argue honestly. Neither of these alternatives speak well for you.
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Solitary

Couldn't agree more, don't know if it was done on purpose, or Ignorartio Elenchi, Fallacy Of Missusing Appeal To Authority, or From Ignorance and many other fallacies. I would think he doesn't know how to think soundly.  Maybe still too young. Solitary

Shol'va

Judging by the references to certain computer games, I estimate late teens, early twenties at most.

Casparov

Quote from: TrueStory on May 16, 2014, 01:12:37 PM
I think even if Caspy took years to learn about physics on advanced courses he would still have the same position. 

I forget the exact statistics but Neil deGrasse Tyson has a great quote about even the most advanced and high level scientists as a group still have a percentage that believe a god impacts their life and even if the entire US population was highly educated we would still have believers.

I am very very open to being wrong. I am begging someone/anyone to give a coherent argument in support of Realism or Materialism. If I am presented evidence for Materialism I am not so intellectually dishonest with myself that I will deny it outright, or dismiss it entirely out of hand simply because it disagrees with my current world view. On the contrary, I would adjust my world view to fit with the evidence. I am begging to be shown wrong! I have presented paper after paper after paper showing that Realism is flawed forwards backwards and sideways. Of course I am attempting to prove a negative so I cannot succeed anymore than you can succeed in proving a negative. So I am begging for proof of the positive!

Why should I believe that I live in an observation-independent objective material universe? Give me proof and I will convert on the spot!!! What's the justification? What's the rationalization? What's the reason?

PLEASE GIVE ME A REASON TO BE A MATERIALIST!!! I AM BEGGING YOU!!!
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Casparov on May 16, 2014, 11:56:31 PM
I am very very open to being wrong. I am begging someone/anyone to give a coherent argument in support of Realism or Materialism. If I am presented evidence for Materialism I am not so intellectually dishonest with myself that I will deny it outright, or dismiss it entirely out of hand simply because it disagrees with my current world view. On the contrary, I would adjust my world view to fit with the evidence. I am begging to be shown wrong! I have presented paper after paper after paper showing that Realism is flawed forwards backwards and sideways. Of course I am attempting to prove a negative so I cannot succeed anymore than you can succeed in proving a negative. So I am begging for proof of the positive!

Why should I believe that I live in an observation-independent objective material universe? Give me proof and I will convert on the spot!!! What's the justification? What's the rationalization? What's the reason?

So far chuckles your "argument" that materialism isn't valid have been destroyed by damn near everyone on this board, and as of yet you have not stopped spouting it as if nobody has done just that. I myself have given you a surefire way to prove materialism(you know walk in front of a speeding semi truck) and yet you have yet to take up that challenge. You are a fucking dishonest cunt, and show no signs of changing. You stated several times that you were leaving, you claim that if someone could "prove" materialism you would believe it(heres an idea since you claim its not valid, why don't you put forth PROOF) and Ive watched every one of your arguments against it get ripped to shreds by people who obviously know more than you on the subject.

Heres an idea for you,

PROVIDE PROOF OF YOUR BULLSHIT CLAIMS OR FUCK OFF RETARD!!!
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

Hijiri Byakuren

I am very very open to being wrong.
Your refusal to acknowledge simple, verifiable evidence has determined this to be a lie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Casparov

Quote from: Moralnihilist on May 17, 2014, 01:04:04 AM
So far chuckles your "argument" that materialism isn't valid have been destroyed by damn near everyone on this board, and as of yet you have not stopped spouting it as if nobody has done just that. I myself have given you a surefire way to prove materialism(you know walk in front of a speeding semi truck) and yet you have yet to take up that challenge. You are a fucking dishonest cunt, and show no signs of changing. You stated several times that you were leaving, you claim that if someone could "prove" materialism you would believe it(heres an idea since you claim its not valid, why don't you put forth PROOF) and Ive watched every one of your arguments against it get ripped to shreds by people who obviously know more than you on the subject.

I am no longer interested in your apologetical defenses as to why my Negative Arguments can be dismissed. I am now asking what is the POSITIVE ARGUMENT then? I am making no claim right now. I am skeptical of Materialism. It is not up to me to disprove Materialism. I am not required to provide PROOF that Materialism is false. I am wondering what is the evidence for Materialism? What is the justification? What would the reasons be to become a Materialist and drop all of this "woo" I've been spewing? Save me from my ignorance!!

"Walk in front of a speeding semi truck."

If I walk in front of a speeding semi truck and the result is death, are you suggesting that this result is only compatible with Materialism? Perhaps I am missing something but it seems like there are several Reality Models that could produce this exact same scenario and therefore, since Materialism is just one of many Reality Models that can produce this result, I am still left wondering how to be positive Materialism is the conclusion. Why do you consider Materialism the only possible explanation for this result? Please!! Help me believe in Materialism!!! I want to be a Materialist so baaaad!! I'm tired of being stupid and ignorant!!

Walk me through your logic!!!
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

Casparov

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on May 17, 2014, 02:44:19 AM
Your refusal to acknowledge simple, verifiable evidence has determined this to be a lie.

I do apologize, I am in search of this verifiable evidence. I would love to be a Materialist. I do not want to be ignorant. I must have entirely missed this evidence at some point I have no idea how. Can you please remind me? What is the evidence for Materialism?

Bibliofagus

I've asked before, and I'll ask again:

What set of natural laws works in this 'non-materialist' universe?
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

josephpalazzo

If you look back at 500 years ago when people believed in the material + spiritual world, and taking into consideration that in those intervening years there were no proof of the spiritual world, then what's left? The material world is then the default position. Now you want to bring in mind, but from the material world point of view, mind is just the activities of the brain, which is matter. So this materialist position is consistent. It requires no more assumption.

If you believe that mind exists independently from matter, then the burden is on you to prove your case.

Moralnihilist

Quote from: Casparov on May 17, 2014, 02:46:22 AM
I am no longer interested in your apologetical defenses as to why my Negative Arguments can be dismissed. I am now asking what is the POSITIVE ARGUMENT then? I am making no claim right now. I am skeptical of Materialism. It is not up to me to disprove Materialism. I am not required to provide PROOF that Materialism is false. I am wondering what is the evidence for Materialism? What is the justification? What would the reasons be to become a Materialist and drop all of this "woo" I've been spewing? Save me from my ignorance!!

"Walk in front of a speeding semi truck."

If I walk in front of a speeding semi truck and the result is death, are you suggesting that this result is only compatible with Materialism? Perhaps I am missing something but it seems like there are several Reality Models that could produce this exact same scenario and therefore, since Materialism is just one of many Reality Models that can produce this result, I am still left wondering how to be positive Materialism is the conclusion. Why do you consider Materialism the only possible explanation for this result? Please!! Help me believe in Materialism!!! I want to be a Materialist so baaaad!! I'm tired of being stupid and ignorant!!

Walk me through your logic!!!

Fine junior Ill try this one fucking time after that back to walking in front of a speeding semi. Materialism is the default due to one simple fact, it works. It is the simplest non woo infested version of reality. All this bullshit of solipsism that you are trying to put forward simply adds unneeded levels of complexity to the equation with zero benefit.

Now on to the truck analogy, If as you claim that reality is consciousness based you would not cease to be upon getting plowed by a speeding semi truck. If is it materialistic in nature, well I can't say it was nice knowing you. See dingus its simple.

By adding the Chopra-esque levels of insanity to the entire argument you are mixing philosophy and science. Methodological solipsism adds nothing to the party. The arguments you have put forward, that one can safely assume are your reasons for denying materialism, have been dismantled as mostly conjecture on your part based on a predisposed position of materialism not being true. Not one ounce of evidence exists, outside of philosophical mental masturbation, for anything else other than materialism.

Now Im not the most educated in science on this forum, but junior even I can see that you have no fucking idea what you are talking about. You want a "reason to be a materialist" heres a good un: If it walks, quacks, and looks like a duck, chances are it isn't a dog.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.