News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

what if?

Started by benjgundy, May 06, 2014, 01:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mermaid

If the Bible were true, I'd have been stoned long ago for being a whore and several other Bad Things. Like speaking up at injustices, arguing with my husband, being an equal in my household and holding down a job, not having children, that sort of thing.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

Mandingo

Quote from: Mermaid on May 10, 2014, 10:49:29 AM
If the Bible were true, I'd have been stoned long ago for being a whore and several other Bad Things. Like speaking up at injustices, arguing with my husband, being an equal in my household and holding down a job, not having children, that sort of thing.

You need to be stoned to death thrice over, according to the bible, the qur'an, and the torah, woman!

ApostateLois

I would be stoned to death as a witch for talking to my cats as if they understand me. (They do, they just don't give a shit.)
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

aitm

judging by the past actions of the indifferent..er...benevolent one.....nothing different would actually happen.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mandingo

Right, the orthodox will keep stoning wayward waifs to death for, say, driving a car, and discriminating heavily against all other females in the name of the almighty.