Virginia Christians Plan To Fast To Protest Equality

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, April 28, 2014, 01:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

This link is extremely gay.

You would think that that Utah guy was enough derp for them to understand that starving yourself in opposition to equal marriage isn't going to work, but apparently the stupid continues in Virginia. The Family Foundation (isn't it nice that all the homophobic organizations have the word "family" in their name? Makes them easy to spot) has planned a 40 day fast to protest the rise of equality. Props have to be given to them though, they're not as stupid as the guy in Utah (that guy quit his hunger strike by the way). They're fasting instead of actually starving themselves, so it's more of a 40 day long diet. Shit, throw some exercise into the mix and this whole experience might be good for them, as long as they don't binge on Chick Fil-A at the end of the fast. Otherwise it's just a whole lot of stupid that will either be looked upon with distaste by future generations or soon forgotten by most.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

stromboli

A. If I had called the link gay, I might have been chastised.

B. I understand there are a lot of fat people in Virginia, so this might be a back door attempt at "gettin' the weight down"

C. Can we talk them into an 80 day fast? With no liquids of any kind?

D I didn't mean "back door" in a gay way, but feel free to explore that if you must.  :biggrin:

Solitary

Can't you just feel all the love and acceptance of other human beings that are different than the ones that preach love and practice hate and bigotry based on a loving Gods (The devil's book of deceit.) Scripture of intolerance and special pleadings?  :fU:  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 28, 2014, 01:17:00 PM
Otherwise it's just a whole lot of stupid that will either be looked upon with distaste by future generations or soon forgotten by most.
Yes, I can't help but believe that sometime in the future, it will be one of those things that people just treat as another example of how silly people's attitudes were in the past.  Alas, I also expect that by then, some other minority will be selected as a target for bigotry.

Jason78

Quote from: Solitary on April 28, 2014, 01:37:25 PM
Can't you just feel all the love and acceptance of other human beings that are different than the ones that preach love and practice hate and bigotry based on a loving Gods (The devil's book of deceit.) Scripture of intolerance and special pleadings?  :fU:  Solitary

It's only in the last thousand years or so that they've started letting women and men with damaged testicles into churches.  Give them time.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Jason78 on April 28, 2014, 02:27:52 PM
It's only in the last thousand years or so that they've started letting women and men with damaged testicles into churches.  Give them time.
When did they start letting women with testicles, damaged or otherwise, into churches?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aitm

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 28, 2014, 02:58:37 PM
When did they start letting women with testicles, damaged or otherwise, into churches?

:axe:
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

stromboli

So who was the person determining whether testicles were damaged or not?

Solitary

:eek: So now we know what the bishop's jobs are.  :doh: :rotflmao: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: Solitary on April 29, 2014, 12:33:43 AM
:eek: So now we know what the bishop's jobs are.  :doh: :rotflmao: Solitary

'Ey, at's a right, I fondle-uh- feel your testicles I makea sure they not-a damaged, ey? "Ey at's a right, now turn around and lift-a you robes a little.....