Tomorrow the great in-your-face ritual whitewash

Started by Mandingo, April 25, 2014, 06:47:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandingo

Tomorrow, 27 April, John23, JP2, and a platoon of other deceased, mostly church princes, will be canonized â€" elevated to sainthood â€" in a special mass in St. Peter's cathedral, Rome.

http://www.osservatoreromano.va/en/news/saints

Certainly for those 2 dead popes this has been a suspiciously fast track to sainthood. Unheard of in church history, where that process used to have to take an absolute minimum of a half century. A century or more was usual. Among some other requirements of course. Like having performed a minimum of 2 verified bona fide miracles, a.o.
Curiously, or not, those requirements apparently don't apply anymore. So one wonders what requirements still do apply for sainthood. Or has that too gone to the highest bidder?

It will be a spectacle to behold again: the great ritual whitewash as a holy and festive occasion, in front of the eyes of the entire catholic world. Presided over by the incumbent pope Frank. Who thereby seals his complicity forever.

Watch the church's in-your-face gall perform one of its great shows!
And a billion people eat it up.

stromboli

Hey, we are got Francis The Talking Poe Pope here. Mister "the new sheriff in town" whats gonna clean up Dodge City Rome. Beatifying people that presided over pedophiles vicimizing their flock. Just like that, never happened.

stromboli

So- by default, this makes John Paul II the Patron Saint of pedophiles........

Berati

I was raised Catholic but I can honestly say I never was one. I went to catholic grade school and to a private catholic high school (until the age of 19) that was run by priests . My parents dragged me to church until I was around 12.

I didn't give hardly any thought to the church I was in until towards the end of high school. And when I finally started to think about it, the whole idea of the supernatural made no sense me.

A few years after that when I thought about the roman Catholic Church itself and not just religion, it was crystal clear that the Roman catholic church was/is one of the most corrupt organizations in history. The sheer volume of crimes over an extraordinary period of time, as well as the intensely cruel nature of many of those crimes I believe is unmatched in history. Other groups have done these things as well but usually they don't last for centuries.

Hundreds of years of inquisitions/ murder/ torture, selling indulgences, laundering Nazi money, enslaving unwed mothers in Ireland, rape, hiding rape...

Carl Sagan
"It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."

stromboli

Yup. a fun bunch all around. and don't forget they beatified Mother Teresa
http://www.examiner.com/article/mother-teresa-sadistic-religious-fanatic-guilty-of-medical-malpractice

[b]Mother Teresa was a sadistic religious fanatic who took pleasure in the suffering of others, and denied appropriate medical care to the sick and dying, according to a recently released study.

The study, published by Canadian researchers in the journal of studies in religion and sciences called Religieuses, claims that Mother Teresa was “anything but a saint.” The study reports Teresa was generous with her prayers but miserly with her foundation’s millions when it came to alleviating the suffering of the sick and the poor.

Researchers report Mother Teresa saw beauty in suffering, and was far more willing to pray for those in her care rather than provide practical medical treatment. In addition to her medical malpractice and her perverse and sadistic enjoyment of the suffering of others, the study also raises questions about Teresa’s financial mismanagement of large sums of money, and her friendship with unsavory and immoral world leaders.[/b][/i]

So John Paul II courageously exposing pedophiles in the Catholic church and thereby putting a halt to it? mmmnope. Gee, I see a pattern there..... Pope Pius XII:

The second major campaign coordinated by Pope Pius XII began largely in 1944 with the even greater resources devoted to the forging of new identities for tens of thousands of Officials from Catholic Regimes responsible for mass murder including Nazis, Italians, Romanians, Croatian officials and many of the "Most Wanted" from these regimes.

The Allies names this second phase of the Vatican assistance under Pope Pius XII "the Rat Lines" and many tens of thousand of mass murderers stayed in the very facilities, that a few years prior had housed thousands of Rabbi and Jewish officials.

After the war, Pope Pius XII openly promoted American Catholic clergy above many others such as Joseph P Hurley as regent of the nunciature in Belgrade, Gerald P. O'Hara Nuncio to Rumania and Monsignor Aloisius Joseph Muench as nuncio to Germany.

Pope Pius XII died on October 9, 1958. He was succeeded by Pope John XXIII.

Since his death, there has been a concerted effort by the Vatican and Jesuits to diminish the overwhelming evidence of racial hatred, inaction and evil by this Roman Pontiff, particularly to the Holy Inquisition undertaken during his reign against the Jews.

He has not been beatified, but Pope Francis has considered it. Gag.

The Skeletal Atheist

Make them saints all you want. They're still dead.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

josephpalazzo

Sainthood is great for the economy: the hometowns of these saints will get a huge inflow of tourists. Capitalism and Catholicism... you'cant get one without the other.

Solitary

The fact that a person has to perform a miracle to be a Saint is all telling about magical thinking and how dumb it is. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

It is officiqal. Pope John Paul II is a saint. He is also now the official patron saint of pedophiles.

Mandingo

Quote from: stromboli on April 27, 2014, 05:59:46 PM
It is officiqal. Pope John Paul II is a saint. He is also now the official patron saint of pedophiles.

But because he is now a saint, his image and legacy have been made unassailable. Armor-clad. Beyond the reach and judgement of the mortal sheeple:
How dare you even suggest that of Saint Karol!

stromboli

Yeah, same with Mother T. All the women who suffered because of her, didn't, so there.

Mandingo

Quote from: stromboli on April 28, 2014, 01:44:05 AM
Yeah, same with Mother T. All the women who suffered because of her, didn't, so there.

Exactly!
And don't you forget it!

Although with JP2 singlehandedly creating almost 4 thousand saints during his tenure I think the title may have lost some value.
You could get a sainthood for sending in 4 cereal box coupons and your Mickey Mouse passport picture for cryin' out loud! JP2 created saints every time he took a leak! By himself JP2 created twice as many saints as all the popes that went before him in history, combined!

Exactly like the US creates money: out of hot air.