Main Menu

Can you prove there is no God?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 23, 2014, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Agenda

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 25, 2014, 12:05:07 AM
Here is exactly what i said.
Romans 1:18-25
18 God shows his anger from heaven. It is against all the godless and evil things people do. SNIP But he must be praised forever. Amen.

Did you take a bet that you could post something completerly irrelevant to the post with which you started this thread?
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Mister Agenda

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 25, 2014, 01:38:20 AM
Trust me i volunteer and help feed the hungry. I help the raped and molested.

That's good.

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 25, 2014, 01:38:20 AM
And to your question where is God because you can not see him i will repeat a verse. Romans 1:20 Ever since the world was created it has been possible to see the qualities of God that are not seen. I’m talking about his eternal power and about the fact that he is God. Those things can be seen in what he has made. So people have no excuse for what they do.

Would quoting verses from scriptures you don't believe are authoritative work on YOU? If not, why on earth do you think such a tactic would work on anyone ELSE? If that would work on you, we can make you a Muslim or Hindu in no time. Otherwise, it should be obvious that your first order of business would be to establish that the texts you're quoting carry some sort of supernatural authority before tossing them around like anyone but you should consider them to be automatically right.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: aitm on April 25, 2014, 08:36:35 AM
*MOD*- meh, I think we have suffered enough. Good luck in your future endeavors-aitm
I like "Have a nice life."
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Solitary

If God is not of this world, and can't be seen, how can He be known to exist? Isn't obvious that He doesn't exist and is a fictional character. Also, His attributes can't exist in the world we are in, so logically He doesn't exist accept as a fictional character. For over 2000+ years there is no reliable evidence that Christ has been seen, or any prayers answered accept by coincidence accept to delusional or hallucinating people, and those that are certifiably insane. All the other gods in history are now considered as myths, why should Christ or God be any different when the Sacraments are so incredible? How much proof do you need? All we want is any physical proof, and not just blind faith He does. That shouldn't be hard if He actually exists in the world we live in, and if He doesn't it would be impossible for anyone to know He does indeed exist. The only evidence a God exists is from hypocritical authority that wants to control people's minds and lives to make them feel important, or make money preying on their fellow mankind's credulity and ignorance, telling them they will not actually cease to exist some day by placating a God. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

JohnD

You ask the question because you can't prove there is a God. When you make the claim that there is a God then the onus is on you to prove it. I can however prove that you haven't enough 'real faith' to believe in a God.
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 26, 2014, 08:42:52 PM
Time for some snake handling.
He he. Snake handling.

That's such a great double entendre and I don't even think it was intentional.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 26, 2014, 08:54:08 PM
He he. Snake handling.

That's such a great double entendre and I don't even think it was intentional.
I don't do subtle.
PZ Myers

stromboli

So..... we banned a guy for being boring and clueless?

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Fidel_Castronaut

lol, marquee. HTML ROOLZ!