News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Can you prove there is no God?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 23, 2014, 01:54:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: Gawdzilla Sama on April 23, 2014, 04:20:37 PM
I need proof that Walker_Lee doesn't exist.
"I think, therefore I am."

Walker_Lee doesn't think, therefore he is not.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

PickelledEggs

"Intellgence is futile" - Walker_Lee

He said that when he was referring to his own intelligence. And he can't prove that he didn't.

stromboli

You can bring out all your facts
do it again and again
but there ain't much you can do
to an armor plated brain

StupidWiz

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

stromboli

Quote from: StupidWiz on April 23, 2014, 07:27:08 PM
https://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/burden-of-proof

Please educate yourself properly for your own sake.

Ah, playing the "burden of proof" card. You devil.

ApostateLois

No, and I can't prove that leprechauns don't exist, either. There might be fairies in the woods for all I know, but as I have never seen them, I have to conclude they don't exist.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

The Skeletal Atheist

Walker_Lee once raped and killed a child. What's more is that he can't prove that he didn't because I didn't include a timeline, so he has no alibi! Since he can't prove that he didn't rape and kill a child, logic follows that he raped and killed a child.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Gawdzilla Sama

Apparently Walker_Lee doesn't exist. Does running the fuck away count as non-existence?

WL, I don't know why you thought you could come in here and wow us, but it does prove that stupid exists.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 23, 2014, 08:14:17 PM
Walker_Lee once raped and killed a child. What's more is that he can't prove that he didn't because I didn't include a timeline, so he has no alibi! Since he can't prove that he didn't rape and kill a child, logic follows that he raped and killed a child.

You've introduced logic to this thread. Stop it.  :naughty:

rex

All gods got killed by God killer. Therefore there is NO GOD. God killer killed him.

ApostateLois

So, I guess Walker Lee is another one of those cowardly Christians who posts stuff and then runs away like a scared puppy because he can't hold his own in a debate. Or maybe he thinks that, just by posting something, we will be won over by its brilliance because JESUS! Either way, he is an annoying jerk.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"

La Dolce Vita

I'm not aware of a single person here who believes there are no gods. This is an atheist forum, not an anti-theist forum. Of course, anti-theists are atheists by definition, but they are rare. You really are clueless, aren't you.

But if you are referring to your god, of course it doesn't exist. In the old semitic religions and early Judaism, seeminly all the way until 500 B.C. the jews were polytheistic, and one of their favorite gods was Asherah, your god's MOTHER. Who he was also SCREWING. He was the son of the creator god El - who he was later written into, so that two different gods became one! And his 69 brothers just kinda disappeared. Of course there are traces in the old testament as many of the Jews' stories obviously included them. Notice the commandment, "Thou shalt have no other gods before me"? Who do you think those other gods were? Anyways, as your god is two previously existing and different gods thrown into one, seemingly for convenience as the jews just loved their war god Yahweh ... well ... He doesn't exist. ;)

Of course, we also have the fact that there could never have been an Adam and Eve given evolution, and that there therefor could be no fall, meaning that there was no reason for Jesus to exist, rendering the historic Jesus (if he existed) a fraud, a crazy or someone who's legacy was rewritten to an unrecognizable degree.

There, convinced yet?

(Oh, and the Jews were never kept in Egypt and there was no flood, and ... well ... your bible is bullshit)

Cheerful Charlie

[/quote]
Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 23, 2014, 01:54:04 PM
If so then provide scientific, psychological, historical, or any type of evidence?

God is claimed to  be omniscient,  to  know the future, to  have created all, and to be morally good, perfectly good.  But id so, because God is omniscient (Christianity, Islam et al) any given starting state of creation God chooses will  force hard determinism  on all future states of the Universe.  We can have no free will,  all that happens depends only on God's chosen initial state of creation.  If Jane is good and enjoys an eternity of bliss but John is evil and is eternally damned all happens because of the knowing and personal choice of God at the start of his creation.  All moral evil is then causes solely and only by God.  So God by choice causes all moral evil and is thus morally evil, contradicting claims God is perfectly, morally good.  Contradiction, a God with all of these claimed dogmatic attributes is logically impossible.  This is called omnigenesis, creation of all to all possible specific details.  The standard God of the grand theologies of today does not and cannot exist.  It is almost trivial to demonstrate  this sort of omni-eveything God is logically self contradictory and impossible.

Cheerful Charlie
Cheerful  Charlie

leo

Welcome charlie ! You post is spot on.
Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Walker_Lee

God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.