Georgia's Same Sex Marriage Ban Being Challenged In Court

Started by The Skeletal Atheist, April 22, 2014, 04:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Skeletal Atheist

Just Another Gay Link

Considering the precedent, it looks like Georgia will soon be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. As a gay man in Georgia, all I can say is hell yeah! Equality marches on!
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Quote from: Solitary on April 22, 2014, 04:25:27 PM
As they say there: "incest is best!"  :eek:  :boohoo: Solitary

You obviously haven't seen my sisters......

JohnD

Quote from: The Skeletal Atheist on April 22, 2014, 04:14:43 PM
Just Another Gay Link

Considering the precedent, it looks like Georgia will soon be dragged kicking and screaming into the 21st century. As a gay man in Georgia, all I can say is hell yeah! Equality marches on!

Now all they have to deal with is what seems to be an increase in the bigotry perpetrated by mainstream religious Zealots
He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

StupidWiz

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

The Skeletal Atheist

Quote from: JohnD on April 22, 2014, 05:23:38 PM
Now all they have to deal with is what seems to be an increase in the bigotry perpetrated by mainstream religious Zealots
It's like a hemorrhoid. It'll flare up for awhile and then die down. Personally, I'll be pleased with the tears of bigots.
Quote from: StupidWiz on April 22, 2014, 06:26:25 PM
I hope they succeed.
I'm sure they will. There's clear legal precedent due to the other rulings of the courts, DOMA has been gutted, and the recent momentum of it all suggest that while the bigots will fight hard we will win out in the end. 
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!