Reddit is now an official right wing shill

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, April 20, 2014, 09:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

They've banned dailykos, huffington post, alternet and motherjones from /r/politics.

peachy, huh? I don't use reddit much, but especially now will avoid it until or unless they change the policy.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/28/1251324/-Reddit-Politics-Forum-Announces-Publisher-Blacklist
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 20, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
They've banned dailykos, huffington post, alternet and motherjones from /r/politics.

peachy, huh? I don't use reddit much, but especially now will avoid it until or unless they change the policy.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/10/28/1251324/-Reddit-Politics-Forum-Announces-Publisher-Blacklist
The thing with reddit is each subreddit has its own rules that can override reddit's main rules. This has less to do with the main reddit site than it does with the mods of that subreddit

Sent via your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 20, 2014, 09:54:26 PM
The thing with reddit is each subreddit has its own rules that can override reddit's main rules. This has less to do with the main reddit site than it does with the mods of that subreddit

Sent via your mom

Yeah, figuring it out reading the comments, but it's still cutting out the serious, independent journalists giving nothing but a huge megaphone to the msm shills.

PickelledEggs

That is also an old article. Huffington post has been unbanned at least 5 months ago

http://redd.it/1q0y7o

Nonetheless, it still sucks that they would do that. Even if it is just a subreddit.

Shiranu

I would just like to say that huffpost is garbage and just as much msm as the next. About 3/4ths of their articles are either, "Look, it's Kim Kardashian!", "24 tips to make your boyfriend love you" or "Flight w/e still missing!".

Sorry, have been wanting to complain about them for awhile. I hate loading their site to look at news just to remember they are three-quarter tabloid.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

stromboli

I've put stuff on here from every source mentioned. In any case I go to all of them, including Reddit. It is about the subject of the article and the legitimacy of it, not the origin. Reddit is mostly reposts when it comes to headline news, and Huffpost definitely so. And yeah, fuck the Kardashians.

PickelledEggs

Southpark said that the Kardashians died. You mean that southpark Lied to me? Bastards.

Sent via your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Huffington sold out to AOL a long time ago. I guess I must have followed an old link. Oh well..sue me.. Once in awhile I forget what I'm reading.. I was thinking it was front page and now that it's brought up I was wondering how it had so many comments so quickly.  DOH!

Hijiri Byakuren

The nice thing about Reddit is that other subreddits will crop up to fill the niche.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel