Are people who doubt their own existence retarded?

Started by rex, April 20, 2014, 09:04:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rex

How can you doubt existence of something which must exist in order to doubt?

wolf39us

Moralnihilist

I would say either retarded OR lying shitstains who only come here to stir up a shitstorm and use it as a way to claim that their sky daddy exists.
Science doesn't give a damn about religions, because "damns" are not measurable units and therefore have no place in research. As soon as it's possible to detect damns, we'll quantize perdition and number all the levels of hell. Until then, science doesn't care.

rex

Quote from: Moralnihilist on April 20, 2014, 09:06:23 AM
I would say either retarded OR lying shitstains who only come here to stir up a shitstorm and use it as a way to claim that their sky daddy exists.
Actually I had long debate with atheists about descartes "I think therefore I am" quote and many indeed do doubt of it's validity which I found strange. How can something which doesn't exist think?

Atheon

"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

aitm

don't be a tard bro..er......imagination bro. I am aware that I am non-existent to an extent that my existence is being used for nefarious reasons by some outside force. I am in fact a bundle of cells used to generate small electrical currents which provide power to them for whatever they need. For that they invented everything there is for me to enjoy in my short or long life. Currently, I am a mid fifties (in a planet called earths years- whatever that means) with a wife who has shunned sex, living with an apparition of a grandkid, and watching a ceiling fan as if blows what feels like cool air across my imaginative face. Life is great as a figment of my imagination. Unfortunately when I am terminated, or die, or am whatever they do when I am done, you will cease to exist as well. Ain't that the shits. You, who don't exist, are determined only by the supplanted imagery given to me by whoever they are....peace out....aw.. fuck off, I hate talking to myself.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

rex

Quote from: Atheon on April 20, 2014, 09:13:09 AM
They are unfamiliar with Descartes.
No they were not. But I'm not sure if they were trolling or they really think their own existence is uncertain.

AllPurposeAtheist

If you can prove something that doesn't exist actually exists then you might be on to something.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

rex

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 20, 2014, 09:18:47 AM
If you can prove something that doesn't exist actually exists then you might be on to something.
AllPurposeAtheist do you exist?

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: rex on April 20, 2014, 09:04:25 AM
How can you doubt existence of something which must exist in order to doubt?
Brain in a vat.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

rex

Quote from: Hijiri Byakuren on April 20, 2014, 10:41:17 AM
Brain in a vat.

Which exists. I am talking about people who doubt THEIR OWN existence. Not existence of other minds.

stromboli

So instead of "I think, therefore I am," its I think, therefore oh wait, maybe not?

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: rex on April 20, 2014, 09:26:26 AM
AllPurposeAtheist do you exist?
No, you're tripping on acid and I'm informing the DEA.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

rex

Quote from: stromboli on April 20, 2014, 11:27:05 AM
So instead of "I think, therefore I am," its I think, therefore oh wait, maybe not?
Maybe. I'm not sure what point they are trying to bring up.