News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Present Evidence Here II

Started by Fidel_Castronaut, February 14, 2013, 05:43:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1liesalot

The Defiled Bread

God likes to command people to eat shit. Ezekiel 4:15 says so. Why, though?

http://biblehub.com/ezekiel/4-15.htm

josephpalazzo

Quote from: SNP1 on December 30, 2014, 06:06:54 PM
I am an atheist, but try refuting this argument (uses modal logic)

CCF - Is a conjunct of all contingent facts in the world
P1) It is possible that a world exists where the CCF has an explanation, and that explanation is q
P2) Explanation q must be a necessary being
P3) It is possible a necessary being exists (from 1 & 2)
P4) If it is possible a necessary being exists, then a necessary being exists (via. axiom s5)
C) A necessary being exists

No one I know has been able to refute the argument

The problem is with P4 with the use of S5. Some (read: Plantinga) take S5 to mean:

if X is possibly necessary, it is necessary and therefore one can conclude it is necessary in at least one possible world; hence it is necessary in all possible worlds and thus is true in all possible worlds.

It's a leap of faith to go from possibly necessary to existentially necessary, which Plantinga does. Modal logic deals with possibilities, not existential beings. You can't prove the existence of X with just showing the possibility that X exists.

neiswander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDN6un3x7E4    I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE BLIND FAITH OF ATHEISTS TO COUNTER THIS EVIDENCE.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 04:38:20 PM
    I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE BLIND FAITH OF ATHEISTS TO COUNTER THIS EVIDENCE.

No, this is no argument, just pure nonsense.

Unbeliever

We don't know how it happened, so God did it?

God Not Found
"There is a sucker born-again every minute." - C. Spellman

neiswander

"No, this is no argument, just pure nonsense. "         It  always is when you have no scientific or logical response. JUST YOUR BLIND FAITH. Your no different than the muslims. The Quran was actually written on the side of a donkey on scrap of paper the goat ate and in clouds in the sky. ALL JUST BLIND IRRATIONAL FAITH THAT MUHAMMAD WAS TELLING THE TRUTH. Just like 90% of science is all theory and your blind faith man created himself. LOL

kilodelta

/enable Poe's law

Yeah. How would the hydrogen atom know it needs to covalently bond with another hydrogen atom to obtain a stable electronic configuration unless someone told the atom that? Therefore God. An atom doesn't have that information unless someone gave that information to the atom. Information comes from a programmer. A programmer must be intelligence. Therefore a creator had to make a designer to develop the programmer in order to write the information into the atoms so that they'll know how to bond to each other correctly.
Faith: pretending to know things you don't know

josephpalazzo

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 06:01:04 PM
"No, this is no argument, just pure nonsense. "         It  always is when you have no scientific or logical response.

Evolution is a fact. Period. You're entitled to your opinion, but not to your facts. But nice try in trolling...

neiswander

OK smart guy give me some of these imaginary facts.  I WAIT WITH SALIVATING ANTICIPATION.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 07:06:10 PM
OK smart guy give me some of these imaginary facts.  I WAIT WITH SALIVATING ANTICIPATION.

God

Hydra009

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 07:06:10 PM
Just in case there's someone in the audience who missed it the last million times this was posted, here ya go:

http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/comdesc/
http://www.nap.edu/read/6024/chapter/4
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_common_descent

Literally any decent biology textbook will present at least some of the above discoveries that have corroborated evolution.

It's not the case that evolution is some crazy, baseless idea that someone dreamed up one day and then scientists around the world inexplicably adopted and propagate it out of some sort of infantile dogmatic impulse.  That's how religion works, not science.

SGOS

Quote from: kilodelta on January 28, 2016, 06:17:06 PM
/enable Poe's law

Yeah. How would the hydrogen atom know it needs to covalently bond with another hydrogen atom to obtain a stable electronic configuration unless someone told the atom that? Therefore God. An atom doesn't have that information unless someone gave that information to the atom. Information comes from a programmer. A programmer must be intelligence. Therefore a creator had to make a designer to develop the programmer in order to write the information into the atoms so that they'll know how to bond to each other correctly.

It does make you think.

Hijiri Byakuren

Read this. Come back when you're done.

Secretly a Warsie.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

josephpalazzo

Quote from: neiswander on January 28, 2016, 06:01:04 PM
JUST YOUR BLIND FAITH.

LOL. Your blind faith is believing in a book just because some grownups told you so.