News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

You have a choice?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 15, 2014, 09:48:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johan

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 16, 2014, 09:08:19 PM
I know God is responsible for everything and i know he is all powerful.
I've been an atheist all my life. And I want to be an atheist for the rest of my life. And since god is responsible for everything, that must mean god wants me to be an atheist. God is responsible for everything, therefore I am the exact person god wants me to be. See how that works junior? Now go outside and play. Your mothers wine box is running low and you know how annoyed she gets if you're on the computer when she wants to play pogo with her Latvian boyfriend.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Johan

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 16, 2014, 09:30:29 PM
i wanted proof and God gave it to me. Science supports his existence you know the truth you just reject it. He created the earth. He made everything in six days and rested on the seventh.
Earlier in the thread, you proved that you have no earthly idea what the word hypocrite means. Now its becoming apparent you also have no idea what the word science means. I suggest you spend a little less time with you nose in your bible and a little more time with your nose in a dictionary.
Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false and by the rulers as useful

Bicod

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 16, 2014, 05:27:35 PMGod did not create sin man did.

How is it possible for man to create a concept so powerful that it leaves God with no choice but to accept it as a damnation for all of humanity? Besides, you already admitted in this thread that God is responsible for everything. I would guess "creating that which damns humans to eternal torture" falls under everything.

Also you didn't respond to anything else in my post. Can you please explain why God, who knows everything, would sacrifice himself to himself in order to change his own mind about something he knew about thousands of years before? What type of solution to sin is that?

Solitary

Did God create himself? Jesus H. Christ, how would anyone know about God? Where is the evidence? And science in no way proves God exist. First of all science is about the world we live in, accept neurology, which has shown that even atheist can have a religious experience when the brain is stimulated in the right place. Also science is ever changing and tentative, and not about absolute unchanging knowledge like religion is: frozen in time with no escape accept into madness. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Bicod

Quote from: Solitary on April 17, 2014, 11:59:03 AMneurology, which has shown that even atheist can have a religious experience when the brain is stimulated in the right place.

Are you talking about near-death experiences? Those happen because the brain isn't getting enough blood and thinks it's dying, so for comfort it creates a very realistic feeling dream about something good. This is why religious people see the light at the end of the tunnel and angels and all that jazz. I flat-lined in the hospital once and didn't experience anything. It was just a nap for me.

You don't have to be dying to experience these dreams, however. Astronauts in training have to go through increased gravity training to prepare their bodies for launch. Because they're being whipped around in a circle so fast, the blood leaves the brain, the astronaut passes out, and they experience the same type of near-death experience dream that dying people do. However, since they know they're not in any sort of mortal danger, when they wake up they usually say something about a weird dream they just had.

pioteir

You people ask too many difficult questions for walker to answer logically. It's clear his brain is not trained to do these sort of exercises and he's simply gone off the deep end a long time ago.

@Shiranu: I greatly enjoy You calling him an idiot in such an amusing way. If only people would display facts in such a manner world would be a better place :))))

Guys, don't seriously argue with an idiot. He'll bring You down to his level and beat You with experience :)) Just chill and don't bother explaining things and making sane arguments cause he's nowhere near comprehending.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

josephpalazzo

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 17, 2014, 05:26:00 AM
Walker, you passed the test. You are correct. God does exist. I am god. Go now, you are forgiven as long as you leave these infidels alone and let them figure out their own demise by themselves.

Sent via your mom

The Flying Spaghetti Monster does not like you, right now.

AllPurposeAtheist

OH! OH!, The blood moon thing!

I just love stirring that pot of shit. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Walker_Lee

Quote from: pioteir on April 17, 2014, 02:36:18 PM
You people ask too many difficult questions for walker to answer logically. It's clear his brain is not trained to do these sort of exercises and he's simply gone off the deep end a long time ago.

@Shiranu: I greatly enjoy You calling him an idiot in such an amusing way. If only people would display facts in such a manner world would be a better place :))))

Guys, don't seriously argue with an idiot. He'll bring You down to his level and beat You with experience :)) Just chill and don't bother explaining things and making sane arguments cause he's nowhere near comprehending.
Well if i am such an idiot mind how i am i still talking to the idiots yelling i am an idiot like a two year old. It is honestly precious it is like a little group of atheist here that think they can beat down any  other truth. Ok how i about proving my logic with some facts because i agree i have not given much. Why should i though? You all do not want to listen to a stupid Christian right? Because all Christians are stupid? So how about i expose the light on science proving God real because ya'll do not even know your science. Instead of saying you are right prove you are right. If you want to make me feel like and idiot you have failed so far but i will give you a chance. If you do not give even a morsel of evidence i am probably going to give up on you people on this topic.
Quote from: Johan on April 17, 2014, 07:15:28 AM
Earlier in the thread, you proved that you have no earthly idea what the word hypocrite means. Now its becoming apparent you also have no idea what the word science means. I suggest you spend a little less time with you nose in your bible and a little more time with your nose in a dictionary.
The dictionary i have read it enough trust me and the bible i keep it on me because of people like you. You think you are so awesome and superior but you are nothing compared to Jesus. (PS Hypocrite means -  the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense. Science - the intellectual and practical activity encompassing the systematic study of the structure and behavior of the physical and natural world through observation and experiment.)
Quote from: Jason78 on April 17, 2014, 02:27:22 AM
No, I must not.   I am not a Christian.

If you wont follow your own rules, then why should I?

I do not believe that you have the courage of your convictions.
Because if you do not then you are a hypocrite by definition.
God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

Walker_Lee

God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

AllPurposeAtheist

OMG OMG OMG! It's Chuck Norris come to kick our asses into line.. :eek:
Only someone named Walker could know all this Jesusly knowledge!

Note: That's my nice way of saying piss off Jesusfreak. :think:

Shiranu

QuoteWell if i am such an idiot mind how i am i still talking to the idiots yelling i am an idiot like a two year old.

If I was yelling I promise you it wouldn't be as polite as I have put it so far ;).

QuoteInstead of saying you are right prove you are right.

You are the one claiming that science proves the illogical, that is you're burden to substantiate... not ours. The majority of scientists, even if they are religious, for the most part will not say, "Yes, science CLEARLY proves there is a god". You will get from the religious community in the sciences, "I FEEL that this is god's work" but never a blunt "science has proven God!" remark.

Your position is both illogical and contradictory to what the experts say. If you have proof that science without a doubt proves god... write it down, get it peer reviewed, win a Nobel prize for it and then come back and tell me how much of an idiot I was for doubting you.

QuoteIf you want to make me feel like and idiot you have failed so far but i will give you a chance.

I never had intention to make you "feel" like an idiot, I just wanted to point out the obvious... that you're uh... ummm... yeah...

QuoteIf you do not give even a morsel of evidence i am probably going to give up on you people on this topic.

:roll:

See above; you are the one claiming to have found the secret... and without knowing the secret it will be very hard to disprove it.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Jason78

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 18, 2014, 12:58:19 AM
Because if you do not then you are a hypocrite by definition.

hyp·o·crite  [hip-uh-krit]  Show IPA
noun
a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

When did we start this "nice" crap with these clowns? Did I miss that meeting or something?