Why do you not believe in Jesus even though there is historical and evidence?

Started by Walker_Lee, April 15, 2014, 08:38:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker_Lee

God is real.
That is the truth.
There is a heaven and hell.
That is the truth.
Jesus lived, died for you, then rose again.
That is the truth.

Bibliofagus

Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

josephpalazzo

Information in the DNA is proof that God exist must be the greatest farce ever concocted by a fucking moron.

BTW, there's also information in a black hole... :evil:

aitm

yeah...Jesus knew who god was therefore..... god. Oy. The rationality is just stunning.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Mr.Obvious

Well, I hope you are happy.
Watching this has decreased my IQ by at least 10 points.
And yet it still doesn't make a lick of sense nor is it convincing in any way.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Jason78

No information in nature?   There's information everywhere in nature!

And the Big Bang?  The Bible doesn't account for that at all, it flat out contradicts it.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Solitary

:blahblah: :axe: :butt: Another example of using the word scientific as a back hand compliment. There is not one shred of  evidence that Christ existed, just hearsay 40-60  years after his death that is not history, but mythology. Scriptures may have some history in them, but when it has talking serpents, mules, and burning bushes, as well as a zombie as the main character, it becomes fantasy not history.  :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

PickelledEggs

Tell me, Walker...  How often do you crap and fart?

Sent via your mom

stromboli

Well, there's 4 minutes I'll never get back. A fine example of a "Gish Gallop" on film. That is the same rehashed BS the xtians have been throwing out for decades. No, its not proof. It is a bunch of unproven assertions strung together.

the_antithesis

Quote from: Walker_Lee on April 15, 2014, 08:38:55 AM
There is also scientific proof watch this.

No. No, we will not. Do you know why? Because you are an asshole. Seriously. You are the worst thing that humanity has to offer. Your very presence taints everything around you. It would be better if you were taken out in the woods and shot, your filthy corpse left to the scavengers.

But it's alright. I forgive you. I can make you into a better person. I will make you into the best you you could possibly be. Only with my help can you cease to be the horrible person you are today.

stromboli

That video does not provide historical evidence of Jesus.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Evidence_for_the_historical_existence_of_Jesus_Christ

Evidence for the historical existence of Jesus of Nazareth (the Christ) as portrayed in the Bible is only found in three places: the Bible itself, other early Christian writings, and references by the various early churches (c. 100 CE) to the long dead leader of those churches. The only known possible contemporaneous (i.e. someone who lived during the supposed time of circa 6 BCE to circa 36 CE) source regarding Jesus is Paul who expressly states that he got his information through revelation not any human being.[1]
Historians focusing on this era generally accept that there was likely an individual named Jesus who lived in Palestine roughly two millennia ago, had a very small following of people studying his views, was killed by the government, and whose life became pivotal to some of the world's largest religions.[2] Beyond this, however, there is no evidence over the accuracy of any of the descriptions of his life, as described in the Bible or as understood by his believers. A small minority, past[3] and present[4] believe there is insufficient justification to assume any individual human seed for the stories, representing an extreme in the other end of belief. It should be noted that at least one anthropology paper states in both its abstract and main text "there is not a shred of evidence that a historical character Jesus lived"[5]

You need to read something besides the crap your pastor shoves in front of you.

Shiranu

Point 1: Apparently DNA is sentient, since it contains the same sort of information as the brain.

Fail.

Point 2: The universe did not necessarily have a cause, or God came from nothing. If the god is possible to have always existed, so can the universe. If god came from "nothing", so can the universe.

Science and logical fail numero dos.

Point... 3?: The bible say's we are wrong, therefor we are wrong because the bible says we are wrong.

You got me, coach. Can't argue with that "logic".

This video was bad and you should feel bad.

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

aitm

QuoteThis video was bad and you should feel bad.

yeah, you can't fix that kind of stupidity, it goes way down.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust