News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Synagogue shooter was a white supremacist

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, April 14, 2014, 10:06:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feral Atheist

Quote from: Solitary on April 15, 2014, 12:05:05 PM
How many law abiding gun owners become outlaws because they have a gun after they use it? How many accidently kill a loved one or another innocent person? Why do they check for loaded guns at gun shows? How many gun owners have actually killed a person and wouldn't be able to when they needed to protect themselves? The police have guns, why is it they can get killed by outlaws when they are even trained how to protect themselves. The whole idea of security is a joke, with, or without a gun. If a person wants to kill you with a gun he will, whether you have a gun or not. Most people with a gun in their hand would be shaking so bad in a stress situation they couldn't hit the side of a barn. Out laws are usually psychopaths that don't even get scared and are not afraid to kill, unlike normal people. Also, no one is trying to take guns away, just make it safer with them being everywhere, that is not making us safer as a whole.  I have a gun, but only under exceptional circumstances could I use it for protection, being in a safe place locked up.  Solitary
Yep, and if that psychopath decides that he will break down my door to rob me so he can buy more drugs, it will be the last mistake he makes.

If they break into your home, the police will respond to your house, take pictures of your body, interview neighbors to see if they saw or heard anything, and file their report.  There is nothing like an Obama sticker on the car in the driveway to tell the criminals that this house contains unarmed victims that will be easy pickings even if all they have is a knife or crowbar as a weapon.

It is amazing that here on an atheist forum people are smart enough to recognize that gods are imaginary, religion is pure bull shit, they believe that they have no responsibility to protect themselves cause the government will.

I also wear a seat-belt when in my car, not because of my actions, but the actions of others, and have fire extinguishers in my home, just incase.
In dog beers I've only had one.

Shiranu

QuoteIt is amazing that here on an atheist forum people are smart enough to recognize that gods are imaginary, religion is pure bull shit, they believe that they have no responsibility to protect themselves cause the government will.

Unless you live in a barrio, ghetto, slum or any other variation of "the hood", the odds you are going to need a gun is very, very low (even in America, shockingly enough).

QuoteIt is amazing that here on an atheist forum people are smart enough to recognize that gods are imaginary, religion is pure bull shit, they believe that they have no responsibility to protect themselves cause the government will.

It's amazing, to me, that people can argue guns in their house make them safer when statistics point out the fact that a gun in your house makes you significantly MORE likely to be killed in your home, then claim that they somehow are "rational unlike the rest of us".

We left our door open about 8+ hours a day in Las Cruces, and here we have a glass door that you could punch through if you wanted to. I have not once felt that I needed to use one of my guns to defend my house or family, and we didn't live in the "nice" part of town. Maybe you live in some slums, and in that case I can understand why you may think its necessary, but even hanging out in the barrios where I grew up I never thought a gun would do me any good.

We don't live in the wild west anymore, cowboy. Leave the gunslingin'-hero fetishes to John Wayne and Eastwood and get with the times. You want to argue safety, fine... let's argue safety.

http://aje.oxfordjournals.org/content/160/10/929.full

Quotethose persons with guns in the home were at greater risk than those without guns in the home of dying from a homicide in the home(adjusted odds ratio = 1.9, 95% confidence interval: 1.1, 3.4). They were also at greater risk of dying from a firearm homicide, but risk varied by age and whether the person was living with others at the time of death. The risk of dying from a suicide in the home was greater for males in homes with guns than for males without guns in the home (adjusted odds ratio = 10.4, 95% confidence interval: 5.8, 18.9). Persons with guns in the home were also more likely to have died from suicide committed with a firearm than from one committed by using a different method (adjusted odds ratio = 31.1, 95% confidence interval: 19.5, 49.6). Results show that regardless of storage practice, type of gun, or number of firearms in the home, having a gun in the home was associated with an increased risk of firearm homicide and firearm suicide in the home.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/study-guns-in-home-increase-suicide-homicide-risk/

QuoteHemenway’s conclusion is backed up by several recent studies, including those showing that the U.S. has the both highest gun death rate and highest gun ownership rate in the Western world, as well as another that showed that the states with the strictest gun ownership laws have the lowest rate of gun deaths.

Your move, cowboy. That's two sets of statistics proving you are simply dead wrong, three strikes and I might just get bored of laughing at you.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Icarus

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 04:55:57 PM
Your move, cowboy. That's two sets of statistics proving you are simply dead wrong, three strikes and I might just get bored of laughing at you.

Got some more for him, but I doubt something like empirical evidence will change his mind, this IS an atheist forum after all (irony).

Property crime in the USA per 100,000 people: 2859 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crime_in_the_United_States)
Property crime in Canada per 100,000 people: 2507 (http://www.statcan.gc.ca/pub/85-002-x/2013001/article/11854/c-g/desc/desc01-eng.htm)

The difference in numbers isn't huge but it's the severity of the violence in the crimes that really takes the cake. Refer the link given in my last reply.

Feral Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 02:07:34 PM
Again, tell me more about how the MAJORITY of gun related deaths are in gun-free zones and are mass shootings...
Stranger on stranger mass shootings, yep GFZ's

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 02:07:34 PMYou want to keep on throwing insults around, at least try having the evidence on your side. Otherwise you just look like a complete doucher and it makes me feel kinda bad for you.
That rich, accuse someone of insutls with an insurlts.  The irony is too thick to cut.

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 02:07:34 PMAlso, are houses now GFZs, or are you just pulling that out of your ass? I am suspecting the latter...

So... "libtard" nations are astronomically safer to live in, the majority of gun violence does NOT take place in GFZ's and the majority of mass killings were the suspects murdering their family... you want to try again?
And this relates to most victims of murder know the killer.  I'm not worried about those people, but I am concerned about the drug addict desperate to finance his habit deciding that my house is an easy target. 

If your are so sure of your position post this in your front yard, let the criminals know that you are a unarmed willing victim.  The obama sticker on your car will send the same message.

Shiranu

"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Feral Atheist on April 14, 2014, 07:56:19 PM
And ended up killing only christians.

He was also a convicted felon and ineligible to own a firearm of any kind, but the libtards will be using this as another excuse to take guns away from law abiding citizens.
You're a dipshit. I have nothing else to discuss with you. You quote bumper sticker bullshit. *click*
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Feral Atheist

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 15, 2014, 05:39:30 PM
You're a dipshit. I have nothing else to discuss with you. You quote bumper sticker bullshit. *click*
So what part of my post do you disagree with, besides the truth.

And really name calling, proof you ain't got squat, but you managed to fall back into it when you squatted.

Icarus

Quote from: Feral Atheist on April 15, 2014, 08:30:52 PM
So what part of my post do you disagree with, besides the truth.

And really name calling, proof you ain't got squat, but you managed to fall back into it when you squatted.

The part that disagrees with the statistics provided, so everything. Unless of course you're denying empirical evidence and taking a stance based on a belief system that is your own and has no basis in reality. Are you sure you're an atheist?

Feral Atheist

Quote from: Icarus on April 15, 2014, 08:36:35 PM
The part that disagrees with the statistics provided, so everything. Unless of course you're denying empirical evidence and taking a stance based on a belief system that is your own and has no basis in reality. Are you sure you're an atheist?
He killed 3 people, none were Jews, all were christians.  WTF the dude, how hard is that to comprehend, this mental midget failed in his hate, as you in yours.

Shiranu

QuoteHe killed 3 people, none were Jews, all were christians.  WTF the dude, how hard is that to comprehend, this mental midget failed in his hate, as you in yours.

Giggidy doo, I think we met the man with the world's shortest memory!

Feral Atheist

Quote from: Shiranu on April 15, 2014, 09:44:59 PM

Giggidy doo, I think we met the man with the world's shortest memory!
Perhaps you should consider suing your remedial reading teacher for utter incompetency.
http://www.arklatexhomepage.com/story/d/story/jewish-center-shooting-victims-were-christians/83615/p_1q97xESEeNB4LBfM9WJQ

Shiranu

Feral Atheist

Shiranu

Statistics say otherwise,  cowboy :). Of course a good atheist like yourself don't really care anything about evidence,  do ya?