News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The naked truth about modesty

Started by PickelledEggs, April 11, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pioteir

Religion at it's best inflicting guilt and shame on unsuspecting kids for totally natural feelings, thoughts and urges, and condemning them for mere thinking like a human.

Those poor brainwashed bastards... and girls. Somebody soooooo fucked their minds up. The whole idea that just by thinking certain things You will spend an eternity in hell, burning and screaming in anguish and everlasting fire screwed them up so much that I almost pity them. Talk about the essence of totalitarian dictatorship.

Another thing is blaming women for guys' impure thoughts. Even the girls think it's their fault and that they should cover themselves up.

And the bullshit that only by being so fucked in the head You will find Your one true love is so retarded that it hurts.

The bit about swimming in t-shirt and pants really made me laugh, also the wrapped present bull, and the barca shirt dimwit. Funny as hell, but a bit scary and sad at the same time.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Savior2006

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 12, 2014, 02:16:54 AM
This all comes down to sex being a sin, right?

Why is sex a sin anyway? Why do these monotheistic religions hate sex so much?

It's really sex outside of marriage that has them in a tizzy. Not that that makes a huge amount of sex (whoops I mean "sense") either.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Feral Atheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 12, 2014, 02:16:54 AM
This all comes down to sex being a sin, right?

Why is sex a sin anyway? Why do these monotheistic religions hate sex so much?
Religion wants your to be miserable and self-deprecating for accidently enjoying yourself.
In dog beers I've only had one.

Shiranu

So as "luck" would have it, this topic has come up twice lately...

The first was on Fox News, I remarked it was kinda funny that they complain about women dressing lewdly and then at the same time are showing women dressed in bikinis and swim-wear.

Being the good Christian she is, my mom replied, "Yeah, well... those women are just asking to be raped dressed like that, I agree with complaining about it.". Yeah, I'm sure that's what Christ (the Old Testament, sure... but El Cristo himself?) said... "If you look like a whore, you're asking for it!".

Then today I showed her this picture...

...really inspirational picture, basically everything good about human resistance and willpower.... what did she get out of?

"Why is she dressed like that? That is too exposing, do women have no class nowadays, etc. etc. etc.".

Not, "That's an inspirational story"... not, "That's tragic"...

No, her first thought is, "Wow, she is a whore.".

For anyone who wants to think only Middle Easterner's can use their religion as an excuse to treat women like shit and dehumanize them... I invite you to visit the American South, particularly regions with large numbers of older people born from 1900-1940.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Shiranu on April 14, 2014, 10:24:37 PM
So as "luck" would have it, this topic has come up twice lately...

The first was on Fox News, I remarked it was kinda funny that they complain about women dressing lewdly and then at the same time are showing women dressed in bikinis and swim-wear.

Being the good Christian she is, my mom replied, "Yeah, well... those women are just asking to be raped dressed like that, I agree with complaining about it.". Yeah, I'm sure that's what Christ (the Old Testament, sure... but El Cristo himself?) said... "If you look like a whore, you're asking for it!".

Then today I showed her this picture...

...really inspirational picture, basically everything good about human resistance and willpower.... what did she get out of?

"Why is she dressed like that? That is too exposing, do women have no class nowadays, etc. etc. etc.".

Not, "That's an inspirational story"... not, "That's tragic"...

No, her first thought is, "Wow, she is a whore.".

For anyone who wants to think only Middle Easterner's can use their religion as an excuse to treat women like shit and dehumanize them... I invite you to visit the American South, particularly regions with large numbers of older people born from 1900-1940.
Thanks for the share

Yeah I've been noticing a lot of these things popping up too. It's good that they are, I think. The word needs to get out

Sent via your mom