News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The naked truth about modesty

Started by PickelledEggs, April 11, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on April 12, 2014, 11:46:37 AM
I mean, what's not to love? Moaning Lesbian sex, exploitation, guilt, comeuppance, whipping, beating, Catholic Christian symbols used for sexual purposes- you name it. Its like the whole Catholic experience in 90 minutes.
Yes, yes, no, no, no, no, no, OH GOD NO.

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Solitary on April 12, 2014, 11:08:24 AM
josephpalazzo, damned you for making me sick!  :oak: :butt: Solitary

Feel the same when looking at that ugliness. Call me a snob but Long live Haute Couture:

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 12, 2014, 11:00:11 AM

I'm sorry, I should not have insulted them. In some parts of the world, cows are sacred.

Sent from Monster Island. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

stromboli

So I scroll down and see HOT Jennifer Lawrence with long hair- as it should be- and then scroll down some more and see 4 fat blobs in bikinis. Talk about a buzzkill.  :eek:

josephpalazzo

PickelledEggs

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 12, 2014, 11:00:11 AM

"We're trying to make a fashion statement."

Seriously though. That does NOT look healthy.

Quote from: SGOS on April 12, 2014, 07:50:39 AM
I watched just over 3 minutes.  I think I deserve some special credit for that.
yeah. I could only watch a few min also, after that I just skipped around.
Quote from: Shiranu on April 12, 2014, 10:56:16 AM
I think "modesty" is just a nice way of saying "shame" in this case. Women are suppose to be ashamed of being beautiful and sensual and men are supposed to be ashamed of finding women beautiful or sexy.

I got about 35 minutes into the video, and yeah... that was how I was raised to be. Alot of the answers they gave are things I woulda said myself less than 8 years ago.

I haven't seen it here in awhile, but I remember people use to complain about how religion should be borderline child abuse or brainwashing. While I wouldn't go that far, I think this is something that should be seriously considered socially unacceptable. It's something that effects your quality of life and it's not something you can just "turn off" once you stop believing... the social issues this causes are a pain in the ass.

@Solitary; I doubt it, I would wager these guys are Protestant and not Roman Catholic. I'm not sure we even had nuns... so the sexual fetish there has no history to feed off of.
My mom always would complain about the "objectification of women" when I was growing up. Women in bikinis.... not even Playboy type stuff. It really damaged my confidence with women. It took me forever to recover enough to even ask a girl out. I don't have a problem with comfortablity asking women out now and being forward, but knowing that I went through that, and knowing that other people went / are going  through that is one of the reasons I have such a problem with the stuff in the video.

stromboli

If all 4 of those women were to throw themselves into the ocean off of California at the same time, the Tsunami created would wipe out Hawaii. Or Japan.

Mermaid

WTF? Is this a fat-bashing thread now?
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Mermaid on April 12, 2014, 02:17:54 PM
It's not supposed to be...

Sent via your mom

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: Mermaid on April 12, 2014, 02:17:54 PM
We're praising our bovine overlords.

Sent from Monster Island. Titty sprinkles.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

SGOS

As far as the type of modesty in the video being glorified, it's an opinion.  Even if it's motivated by fundamentalist religion and fear of sex, here's the thing: It's a personal choice of how modest a person wants to be.  This is not the Mideast.  Good looking people usually like being good looking.  They often dress nicer and enjoy looking good around others.  Women tend to display more of themselves.  That kind of dress doesn't seem to work for men very well.  I guess it's cultural, but I don't know for sure.  There might be something genetic at play.

But there is nothing wrong with deciding for yourself what the look you want is.  Be it elegant, cheap, hip, or even slutty is a matter of taste and anyone can decide whatever image they want to create.  I'm OK with all of it.

When I lived briefly in Southern California, I was a little surprised at how a lot of high school girls dressed.  When I was in high school they had different dress codes.  I would describe the new look as kind of sexy, but they seemed to adhere to certain standards.  I didn't see anything way out there from left field.  There was still a lot of moderation involved.  I thought it was attractive, but it would have driven those people in the video to distraction.  Myself, I thought it was nice, but never once thought I was going to lose control of myself and go on a sexual rampage.

I keep wondering about Muslim men who have such strict standards for their women, and from what they say, it sounds to me like they don't have control over their urges.  I would guess that they do, but they talk like they don't.  It does not paint a very flattering picture of Muslim men in my opinion.  I would think it might be beneficial in a society to let people decide for themselves how they want to look.

I wouldn't prefer that people just randomly take their clothes off and run around in pubic.  I'd be shocked by that, but then looking good to others doesn't even come close to suggesting that be done.

AllPurposeAtheist

Ok, got roughly a minute in and it's ALL ABOUT TEMPTATION! These sluts are going to make me burn in hell for having impure thoughts! OH fucking NO!
Bunch of uptight dipshits..
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

It was hard to make out what one of those kids were saying, but at the beginning I could have sworn that I heard him say something to the effect of "when girls dress like that, they don't know what it makes me want to do"

Sent via your mom

SGOS

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 12, 2014, 06:10:48 PM
It was hard to make out what one of those kids were saying, but at the beginning I could have sworn that I heard him say something to the effect of "when girls dress like that, they don't know what it makes me want to do"

Sent via your mom

I thought I heard that too.

stromboli

Quote from: SGOS on April 12, 2014, 07:50:39 AM
I watched just over 3 minutes.  I think I deserve some special credit for that.

:clap:

I have so much respect for you right now.