News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

The naked truth about modesty

Started by PickelledEggs, April 11, 2014, 10:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PickelledEggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWKipaNH83E

I don't even know what to say about this... I can't even watch much of this, it's so disgusting. But if you really want to see some crazy shit go to the second video in this post where it's fast forwarded a bit.

http://youtu.be/sWKipaNH83E?t=24m30s

aitm

Modesty is just as thought provoking as immodesty...if you want to remove sexual innuendo and overt sexual "impurity" remove clothing. Within six months the sight of tits and va-gi-gi's and swinging little weiners everywhere you turn would pretty much put a stop to overt sexuality.
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Feral Atheist

I skipped to some random clips in the video.  Those are some fucked up kids, male adolescents that don't like even a little cleavage on a girl (but for the sake of us all, some of those girls are doing mankind a favor by covering up).

Wear track outfits (shorts/tank tops) and be denied access to heaven, put on swimming trunks to go swimming and suffer the same fate. 

Reminds me of a visit to a swimming hole in a mountain river where a bunch of would go skinny dipping, both boys and girls.  Some of the girls were even church goers, one a preachers daughter.  Those idiots don't deserve to have that much fun.

In dog beers I've only had one.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: aitm on April 11, 2014, 10:23:48 PM
Modesty is just as thought provoking as immodesty...if you want to remove sexual innuendo and overt sexual "impurity" remove clothing. Within six months the sight of tits and va-gi-gi's and swinging little weiners everywhere you turn would pretty much put a stop to overt sexuality.
I've been to a nude beach once. It wasn't anything close to what I hoped for... :lol:

I don't think this is about running around town naked though...

Feral Atheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 11, 2014, 10:31:36 PM
I've been to a nude beach once. It wasn't anything close to what I hoped for... :lol:

I don't think this is about running around town naked though...
So your are saying that most people have a lot to be modest about :winkle:
In dog beers I've only had one.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: Feral Atheist on April 11, 2014, 10:32:45 PM
So your are saying that most people have a lot to be modest about ;-)
What I'm saying is that I had nightmares of old naked saggy titted ladies and wrinkly balled men for weeks. Never again. Never again.

Sent via your mom

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 11, 2014, 10:34:47 PM
What I'm saying is that I had nightmares of old naked saggy titted ladies and wrinkly balled men for weeks. Never again. Never again.

Sent via your mom

There's only one way to avoid being wrinkly balled..well, two. 1 Death 2 Castration then death. :lol:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

PickelledEggs

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 11, 2014, 11:01:53 PM
There's only one way to avoid being wrinkly balled..well, two. 1 Death 2 Castration then death. :lol:

:lol:

Hydra009

The people in the video are right-wing authoritarians to a tee.  An incredibly high willingness to conform to standards of their chosen authority (religion) and look down on people who don't conform to those standards.  You really get the feeling like these people have given up whatever autonomy they may have once had for strict conformity to these religious edicts.

PickelledEggs

This all comes down to sex being a sin, right?

Why is sex a sin anyway? Why do these monotheistic religions hate sex so much?

renasimplified

I would think it is from the same line of reasoning as one has rejecting rational thought. It is threatening to their basic beliefs because it points to a natural, observable, and testable result that doesn't need a God to explain.  Anything natural, or a normal aspect of nature is attached to a negative stigma. Or at least this is how it has all worked in my experience.  :toilet:

Shiranu

Haven't watched it yet (on my phone), but from the descriptions yall have given,  it sounds a lot like how I was raised.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

I watched just over 3 minutes.  I think I deserve some special credit for that.

Shiranu

Watching it now...

A. Not sure if these guys are sexist against men, women or... both?

B. I am putting $10 down that 75% of these guys will be wife beaters and 25% rapists... 100% of them will be sexually "impure", I guarantee it.  (Edit: Oh god, just got to where Barcelona is like, "Well... you see them so skimply dressed and then you think... why not go further?").

Right, 20 minutes in... yeah, this is the type of shit I was raised in. I guess growing up in it... I just don't find it as disgusting and weird to the extent you guys do.

Probably going to watch it all because that's something I'm still working on getting over. Thanks for posting.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

SGOS

Not having watched enough to comment with certainty, I'm picturing one of those small churches that ministers to a congregation of around 15 families and meets in some converted building.  They decide to make a Utube video directed at young people, and the parents push their teenagers into the script so they can demonstrate how pure of mind their families are. 

(Although, being obsessed with some arbitrary standard of modesty is not what I call pure of mind.  I'd like to think Mankind has more important things to do).