Casper's Philosophy Teacher, Or Casper Himself, If He Is A Parrot.

Started by Solitary, May 04, 2014, 12:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Casparov

I've never read any Deepak Chopra. I read a lot of Anton Zielinger and Alain Aspect though. Anyway this is a logical fallacy as follows:

A has provided evidence for position X
Deepak Chopra states X is correct
Deepak Chopra is widely regarded as a snake oil salesman
Therefore, A's evidence is false.

This form is fallacious as it does not actually refute the evidence given by A, it merely notes that Deepak Chopra, who is a discredited figure, agrees with position X. This form is especially unsound when there is no indication that the arguer is aware of the evidence given by A.
“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

leo

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Casparov

“The Fanatical Atheists are like slaves who are still feeling the weight of their chains which they have thrown off after hard struggle. They are creatures whoâ€"in their grudge against traditional religion as the "opium of the masses"â€"cannot hear the music of other spheres.” - Albert Einstein

stromboli

This.
https://www.my-big-toe.com/

The Monroe Institute
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monroe_Institute

THANK YOU for tipping your hand. We refer to this on here as woo. You are nothing but a bombastic overblown halfwit mystic that has NOTHING, not anything even close to evidence, proof, or even a cogent discussion of what you believe.

You can't prove the existence of god because all you have is a load of metaphysical nonsense. No one in 6,000 years has proven the existence of god and you won't. You haven't brought anything close to new material or done anything other than reinterpret theoretical conlcusions that by themselves prove nothing.

No one has yet produced anything that is insurmountable evidence of god. As I pointed out twice previously, the mere fact that particle physicists, a few of them, can create a model of the universe that doesn't require a god, necessitates the need by you to first disprove their models and second provide evidence that is irrefutable and beyond reproach.  You cannot and have not done either.

You remind me of the Walt disney version of the caterpillar sitting on the toadstool smoking his hookah, all oblivious to world artound, but nonetheless sure of his universe. Go roll yourself a fat one, wingnut. You've accomplished nothing here.

Solomon Zorn

You have a sharp mind for logic, Casper. This Tom Campbell is beneath you.

You might just get banned after all, which is unfortunate, because you are the friendliest ghost I know.
If God Exists, Why Does He Pretend Not to Exist?
Poetry and Proverbs of the Uneducated Hick

http://www.solomonzorn.com

SGOS

Quote from: Solomon Zorn on May 04, 2014, 09:03:01 PM
You have a sharp mind for logic, Casper.
...but yet he is fails to apply this logic when testing any of his own claims.  Well, in fact, he doesn't test his claims at all, he just pronounces them with Papal like authority, and that's the end of it.  LOL

stromboli

If we stop believing in Casparov, will he go away? Or do I have to like click Ruby slippers together or something?

Contemporary Protestant

I appreciate casaprov's input, I believe there is at least a grain of truth on any shore

Bibliofagus

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on May 06, 2014, 10:45:20 PM
I appreciate casaprov's input, I believe there is at least a grain of truth on any shore

I don't. His whole argument can be summarized as:

"There is no way to be sure anyone else exists but me, therefore god."
Quote from: \"the_antithesis\"Faith says, "I believe this and I don\'t care what you say, I cannot possibly be wrong." Faith is an act of pride.

Quote from: \"AllPurposeAtheist\"The moral high ground was dug up and made into a walmart apparently today.

Tornadoes caused: 2, maybe 3.

SGOS

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on May 06, 2014, 10:45:20 PM
I don't see that casaprov contributes anything worthwhile to discussion.  If a person continually spouts ideas that randomly spill out of his ass, he will eventually say something that may have a grain of truth (or not), but it's quite by accident.  And when a person goes to extremes to avoid thinking logically, it's not worth my time to consider each grain of thought for some modicum of truth.  I prefer to associate with people who consistently demonstrate the ability to reason.

Jason78

Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato