When does life begin you are probably wondering

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, April 10, 2014, 12:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Well wonder no longer and you ladies really need to pay attention here. It doesn't begin at birth or 6 months before or at conception.. OH NO! Not anymore. Thanks to the miracle of Bibleage technology GOD decides it ahead of time be it between you and your loving, legally married spouse, the partner you banged out in Walmarts parking lot or even if you accidentally slip on spilled seed, do the splits and land right on top of it and somehow feel suddenly slutty as you break a hip. That broken hip and torn tendon that got you pregnant was no accident. GOD planned it! Oh, that rape? Gods plan too.
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/gordon-klingenschmitt-reveals-life-actually-begins-conception
Gordon Klingenschmitt wants you to know it's always God's love in EVERY SINGLE CASE!
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Gawdzilla Sama

I thought life began when the divorce papers went through?
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Mr.Obvious

So it turns out no-one has a say in it whatsoever after all.
The Virgin Mary will finally feel left out no-more.
"If we have to go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, requesting 69.

Atheist Mantis does not pray.

AllPurposeAtheist

I wonder if I should finally tell my kids they really weren't accidents after all.. :lol:

Hydra009

Well damn, mystery solved.  Life begins before conception.  Who'dathunkit?  Those silly scientists and there fancy med talk.  All theys done needs is da Bible!

SGOS

Well, that certainly offers a new perspective on the old debate.  How about life begins when cognitive abilities reach a point where a baby becomes aware of its own feet?  This calls for another poll.  Well no, forget the poll.

stromboli

Which if it were true would mean we would be nonexistent because there is no god.

hrdlr110

"I do not believe that just because you are opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born, but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life, that's pro birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is." -sister Joan chittister
Q for theists; how can there be freewill and miracles? And, how can prayer exist in an environment as regimented as "gods plan"?

"I'm a polyatheist, there are many gods I don't believe in." - Dan Fouts

doorknob

Yes I had a conversation once with a christian who tried to argue that birth control was wrong because it prevented a potential life. From my view point that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I'm not concerned with potential life only life that actually is.

AllPurposeAtheist

Unless you've personally fucked every firtile virgin in your town you are a SINNER! I'm trying to rid myself of these sins.. Fuck!
All that potential life sitting dried up on that old towel...

Solitary

Life began for humans when the very first cell divided, and divided, and divided along with all the other cells, until  billions of them specialized to make the person you are: a consciousness emerging from the billions of living cells working together by  energy to burn very slowly with oxygen provided by plants.  Fire and living cells gives us life.  :fU: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on April 13, 2014, 12:06:36 AM
Life began for humans when the very first cell divided, and divided, and divided along with all the other cells, until  billions of them specialized to make the person you are: a consciousness emerging from the billions of living cells working together by  energy to burn very slowly with oxygen provided by plants.  Fire and living cells gives us life.  :fU: Solitary
Is that your medical opinion doc? I betcha the wise reverend Pat Robertson will disagree. :think:

stromboli

IUD to sperm: "I hear you knockin' but you can't come in.........."

Hydra009

Quote from: Solitary on April 13, 2014, 12:06:36 AM
Not only that, but those cells are in cahoots with bacteria. both within our cells and outside them.   Each of us is an assemblage of assemblages.

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: doorknob on April 12, 2014, 08:41:03 PM
Yes I had a conversation once with a christian who tried to argue that birth control was wrong because it prevented a potential life. From my view point that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard of. I'm not concerned with potential life only life that actually is.
By that same argument, abstinence is a sin, and you should have unprotected sex constantly. Sperm and eggs don't just sit there forever, you know.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel