News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

VICTIMS OF THE CHRISTIAN FAITH

Started by josephpalazzo, April 10, 2014, 10:50:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

josephpalazzo

Some ''honorable'' mentions:

Emperor Karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4500 Saxons, unwilling to convert to Christianity, beheaded. 

Peasants of Steding (Germany) unwilling to pay suffocating church taxes: between 5,000 and 11,000 men, women and children slain 5/27/1234 near Altenesch/Germany.

15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Victims unknown. 

16th and 17th century Ireland. English troops "pacified and civilized" Ireland, where only Gaelic "wild Irish", "unreasonable beasts lived without any knowledge of God or good manners, in common of their goods, cattle, women, children and every other thing." Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victim to the carnage. 

First Crusade: 1095 on command of pope Urban II. 

Jerusalem conquered 7/15/1099 more than 60,000 victims (jewish, muslim, men, women, children).

Battle of Askalon, 8/12/1099. 200,000 heathens slaughtered "in the name of Our Lord Jesus Christ". 

Fourth crusade: 4/12/1204 Constantinople sacked, number of victims unknown, numerous thousands, many of them Christian.

Rest of Crusades in less detail: until the fall of Akkon 1291 probably 20 million victims (in the Holy land and Arab/Turkish areas alone). 

15th century: Crusades against Hussites, thousands slain. 

1568 Spanish Inquisition Tribunal ordered extermination of 3 million rebels in (then Spanish) Netherlands. Thousands were actually slain.

1572 In France about 20,000 Huguenots were killed on command of pope Pius V. Until 17th century 200,000 flee. 

17th century: Catholics sack the city of Magdeburg/Germany: roughly 30,000 Protestants were slain. "In a single church fifty women were found beheaded," reported poet Friedrich Schiller, "and infants still sucking the breasts of their lifeless mothers." 

17th century 30 years' war (Catholic vs. Protestant): at least 40% of population decimated, mostly in Germany.

AllPurposeAtheist

Yeah, but they weren't the loving, tolerant Tea Party christians.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Solitary

How can that be? Christianity is a religion of love, can't you feel it in your heart?  :syda: :wall: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

AllPurposeAtheist

pioteir

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 10, 2014, 10:50:49 AM

15th century Poland: 1019 churches and 17987 villages plundered by Knights of the Order. Victims unknown. 

Oh we loved them knights all right in the battle of Grunwald in 1410. We loved them so much they... well... died. :)
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Contemporary Protestant

I'm not disputing but where did u find this? I didn't think there was enough people alive during  the crusades for the death toll to be 20 million

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 10, 2014, 01:17:27 PM
I'm not disputing but where did u find this? I didn't think there was enough people alive during  the crusades for the death toll to be 20 million
Life was and still is cheap to the christian faith so why is 20 million murdered so tough to believe? Most of the known population of earth was there, not Europe.

Contemporary Protestant

Can u show me a website, again I'm not saying your wrong, I'm just surprised the number is 20 million

josephpalazzo

aitm

Pales in comparison to the innocents that good ole loving merciful god wiped out during the so called flood eh?
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

josephpalazzo

But he saved 8 good people. At least give God some credit...