The Sun Goes Around The Earth Dumb Atheists And Scientists!

Started by Solitary, April 09, 2014, 06:55:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

© AP / Kate Mulgrew    :wtff:

:wall:

Kate Mulgrew 'misinformed' about role in controversial documentary

April 9, 2014, 10:48 AM EST

WENN

"Star Trek: Voyager" star Kate Mulgrew has insisted she was "misinformed" about her role as a narrator in a documentary which promotes a theory that the sun revolves around the Earth.

It must be true, it says so in the Bible. Every day I can't believe will see anything dumber, and I'm always wrong with the Christian trump card.  :eek: Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

They lied to her? I'm SHOCKED! If only they had a rule against lying...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Hijiri Byakuren

Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Elect

I love Janeway and in a perfect world we would be married and exploring the Delta quadrant. I've seen 3 previews for this movie hoping that the script she narrarates was vague enough for me to believe she didn't know what she was getting paid to say. But dammit there's at least 2-3 things she says that are dead giveaways that the script is creationism on adderall.

AllPurposeAtheist

Everyone knows that the sun is just Obama aiming some big shiney thing at the sky then he turns it off after "sunset" so he can make Americans all communist Nazis Muslims
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

stromboli

Always thought Janeway was a dike. Seven of Nine, however........

Hydra009

Quote from: stromboli on April 09, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
Your speculation is irrelevant.  Seven of Nine is a tertiary adjunct of both teams.

PickelledEggs

I'm confused by this thread...

was she misinformed by what she would be narrating? aka she believes that the sun revolves around the earth?

or is she saying that she was misinformed that what she would be narrating is a documentary that talks about the sun revolving around the earth?

Hydra009

Quote from: PickelledEggs on April 09, 2014, 09:50:39 PM
I'm confused by this thread...

was she misinformed by what she would be narrating? aka she believes that the sun revolves around the earth?

or is she saying that she was misinformed that what she would be narrating is a documentary that talks about the sun revolving around the earth?
She didn't know that the documentary was geocentric propaganda.  Apparently, they got Lawrence Krauss, too.

aileron

Quote from: Hydra009 on April 09, 2014, 10:27:33 PM
She didn't know that the documentary was geocentric propaganda.  Apparently, they got Lawrence Krauss, too.

It's quite possible she didn't know Earth orbits the sun, or never thought about the issue or the history of it.  Ignorance of basic science is pretty commonplace.

According to a National Science Foundation survey, when asked which body goes around the other 26% of American respondents get it wrong.  A moment's reflection reveals the level of popular ignorance is even worse than 26%... Respondents who weren't sure had a 50% chance of getting it right by guessing.  Since it's unlikely there are many diehard geocentrists out there, that means ~52% of Americans aren't sure whether the Earth goes around the sun or the sun goes around the Earth.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/02/14/277058739/1-in-4-americans-think-the-sun-goes-around-the-earth-survey-says

Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hydra009

Quote from: aileron on April 09, 2014, 10:56:20 PM
It's quite possible she didn't know Earth orbits the sun, or never thought about the issue or the history of it.  Ignorance of basic science is pretty commonplace.
True, but she did say "I am not a geocentrist, nor am I in any way a proponent of geocentrism."  So I think it's fair to say that she isn't a geocentrist.

Elect

Quote from: stromboli on April 09, 2014, 09:31:45 PM
No way, she had a lover named Mark back on Earth, and she flirted with settling down with Chakotay when tey thought they were stuck on a planet forever.
Fuck Seven
Marry Janeway
Kill Seska