News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

An apology and a clarification

Started by Contemporary Protestant, April 08, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Contemporary Protestant

Why are accusing me of ignoring it? You don't know me personally, and what do you consider substituting my own meaning? sometimes the verses make more sense in another language, or if the context is taken into consideration

Poison Tree

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 08, 2014, 02:32:03 PM
Why are accusing me of ignoring it? You don't know me personally, and what do you consider substituting my own meaning? sometimes the verses make more sense in another language, or if the context is taken into consideration
Or its a poem or a metaphor or Jesus did away with that part or or or
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

Contemporary Protestant

I gave you an answer, what else do you expect

leo

Darwin  with his evolution theory basically destroyed christianity. Most christians liberals or traditionalists aren't aware of this. Evolution shows humans are a species of animals in this planet. Humans descend from animals ancestors. The Adam and Eve story never happen. There isn't a original sin and by default there isn't a real reason for Jesus human nasty sacrifice. Capiche?  :keel: :keel: :trunksthing: :trunksthing:

Religion is Bullshit  . The winner of the last person to post wins thread .

Contemporary Protestant

You're assuming all Christians believe in original sin, and that all take Adam/Eve literally, I do think you're making a very valid point otherwise

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 08, 2014, 02:52:42 PM
You're assuming all Christians believe in original sin, and that all take Adam/Eve literally, I do think you're making a very valid point otherwise
Ah, you read from The Great Book of Multiple Choice. Everybody makes up their own religion from the available material, or new stuff.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

Poison Tree

Quote from: leo on April 08, 2014, 02:49:02 PM
There isn't a original sin and by default there isn't a real reason for Jesus human nasty sacrifice. Capiche?  :keel: :keel: :trunksthing: :trunksthing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXOvYn1OAL0
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

aileron

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 08, 2014, 11:50:02 AMJesus is a man, I never used the phrase "God-Man"

But as a Christian, you believe Jesus is God, right?  That's what's know as a god-man (Deus homo) in the writings of "doctors of the Church," the early Christian scholars.  The concept of a god-man or the messiah being part of a trinity with God is 100% incompatible with the OT teachings about the messiah.

QuoteThe Torah (first five books of OT) were written by Moses

Not a chance.  Moses is probably a mythical character.  Even if some Moses-like person existed, modern biblical scholars generally agree that the Pentateuch was written by multiple authors over the span of centuries.   
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

Hakurei Reimu

Tell me something, CP. If you do manage to learn Hebrew and it tells you that Jesus was not born of a virgin, will you then not believe that Jesus was not a virgin birth?

I also find it funny that you can believe the beliefs you got from your Bible wholly come from an English translation of a Latin translation of a Greek translation of an Aramaic/Hebrew translation of the original Torah and New Testament, both of which have sordid redactionary histories even in their native tongues. Doesn't that long chain of translation give you some pause about the certainties of your current convictions?
Warning: Don't Tease The Miko!
(she bites!)
Spinny Miko Avatar shamelessly ripped off from Iosys' Neko Miko Reimu

Gawdzilla Sama

The NT started out in Greek. Jesus didn't have the star power to attract a single person who could write.
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

josephpalazzo

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 08, 2014, 02:54:37 PM
Y'all disagree with me and Im fine with that, but I think there isn't anything more to say about this

I think the Bible is infallible

You don't

I can't change you, and you can't change me

Yep, you're a waste.

Gawdzilla Sama

PZ Myers

Contemporary Protestant

When a new translation is made it isn't taken from the previous one, for example the Dead Sea scrolls, translations have become more accurate

I highly doubt the OT would say Jesus wasn't born of a virgin, if I'm not mistaken, it didn't specify in Isaiah, I will do more research and get back to you

I believe that Jesus is a man and he is God, however the statement god-man is incorrect, because of its English connotation, he is not a demigod, he is 100% man and a 100% God, god-man isn't a phrase that I would use to describe it

aitm

Quote from: Contemporary Protestant on April 08, 2014, 06:01:33 PM

I highly doubt the OT would say Jesus wasn't born of a virgin,

the OT never said anything about jesus, you assume that the made up person of "jesus" fits the OT prophesy which has been proven to be false....but you don't care cause you just make shit up as you go.
QuoteI will do more research and get back to you
really, everyone here knows more about the babble than you do, you just make up shit to fit your opinion.

QuoteI believe that Jesus is a man and he is God..., he is not a demigod,.... he is 100% man and a 100% God,
then why didn't he know when he would return as he said he did eh? He said he would be back "before the death of everyone of this generation". What's your next excuse,,another poem?
meh....you really need to read the babble and come back.
[/quote]
A humans desire to live is exceeded only by their willingness to die for another. Even god cannot equal this magnificent sacrifice. No god has the right to judge them.-first tenant of the Panotheust

Contemporary Protestant

Aitm,

I get the sense you dislike me, and I have to ask why?

Is it because of my religion or something that I have done?