News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

An apology and a clarification

Started by Contemporary Protestant, April 08, 2014, 12:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Azoic

Since you believe yahweh and jesus are the same god then this should make perfect sense to you.

[size=85]"Lighthouses are more useful than churches" - Benjamin Franklin[/size]

pioteir

Quote from: Azoic on April 12, 2014, 06:55:08 AM
Since you believe yahweh and jesus are the same god then this should make perfect sense to you.

Heh. That pic made me wonder. Was jesus born with or in original sin?

And I have a question to any theists available: Does anyone know the exact date of jesus's death?
I'm only asking cause some jehovah's witnesses invited me to celebrate his death on april 14th. I mean the dude probably didn't exist but they somehow know the exact date of his death.
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

josephpalazzo

Quote from: pioteir on April 12, 2014, 07:28:25 AM

And I have a question to any theists available: Does anyone know the exact date of jesus's death?
I'm only asking cause some jehovah's witnesses invited me to celebrate his death on april 14th. I mean the dude probably didn't exist but they somehow know the exact date of his death.

No problem. According to the official authorities at Vatican City, Jesus died on the Friday, technically called Good Friday, which is the Friday before Easter Sunday. Now Easter Sunday is determined by the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. Simple! As for the Jehovah's witnesses when they happen to celebrate that momentous event, the Vactican doesn't give a fuck.

pioteir

Quote from: josephpalazzo on April 12, 2014, 08:08:42 AM
No problem. According to the official authorities at Vatican City, Jesus died on the Friday, technically called Good Friday, which is the Friday before Easter Sunday. Now Easter Sunday is determined by the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Spring Equinox. Simple! As for the Jehovah's witnesses when they happen to celebrate that momentous event, the Vactican doesn't give a fuck.

Thanks for the explanation. Now I can sleep at night :)) And, following the big shots in the Vatican, I won't give a flying fuck either.

[edit] I just looked at the calendar and april 14th happens to be Monday. I don't know hot it fits with the friday-before sunday-after-full moon of the equinox-date but I guess I can kiss my sleep goodbye :tired:
Theology is unnecessary. - Stephen Hawking

Hijiri Byakuren

Quote from: pioteir on April 12, 2014, 07:28:25 AM
We shall have none of this Arian Heresy nonsense.
Speak when you have something to say, not when you have to say something.

Sargon The Grape - My Youtube Channel

Aletheia

Quote from: Thackerie on April 11, 2014, 09:56:14 AM
Only 20 people were killed by religious nuts, so "no big deal"??? Just curious - How many people must be killed because of superstitious belief in order for us to "take it seriously"? 21? 50? 100? 6,187? What's the cut-off point?

Just a side note, two of my ancestors were the unfortunate victims of this "no big deal" Salem free for all party. Apparently it had some effect, since it altered the course of one branch of my family tree. Makes one wonder how many people were never born because a would-be ancestor was killed due to superstitious belief.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

ApostateLois

There are as many interpretations of Christianity as there are Christians. It is hard to find two of them who agree on everything the Bible says and on everything Jesus commanded them to do. I don't know why they bother even having a holy book at all if they can't be in harmony on what it is about.
"Now we see through a glass dumbly." ~Crow, MST3K #903, "Puma Man"