News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Obama Care War

Started by Solitary, April 07, 2014, 11:26:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solitary

I don't know if this is funny or sad, but it does show the logic of the conservatives. http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=859418&ocid=Outbrain=obinsite  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

SGOS

I think it was a week ago when this story broke, but on my news feed, the actual video seemed to have been yanked.  I googled, and found several sources about the event, and a few written explanations, but not one single video would work.  Now I can't get the one on your link to work either.  For as much coverage as thing got, it must have been a doozy, however.

AllPurposeAtheist

Fuck that sleezy lying cunt.

Ooops, I said a nasty.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

It's called faux anger and faux outrage. It has about as much genuineness as plastic vomit.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

SGOS

Finally found a working video on Utube.  Hayes is right.  It's not about a lawless government extending a deadline, which Republicans call "breaking the law."  That's unfathomable bullshit.  Republicans are trying to kill the bill.  At a minimum they are capitalizing on the rocky rollout to create confusion and keep the pot of resentment stirred for as long as they can.  There may be things not to like about Obamacare, but getting a nose out of joint over extending the deadline is grasping at straws.  Although, I think they are being effective in achieving their goal which is to teach the controversy.

Then Stephano reframes the debate to the oppression of women and mothers of children.  The whole thing was a perfect example of a highly emotional and totally irrational debate, ending with Stephano shouting about sticking to the facts, which she doesn't appear to have any grasp of, herself.

Shit like this is why I cancelled my cable connection two years ago.

stromboli

I cannot remember when two opposing viewpoints actually sat down and rationally debated anything political. It is all Gish Gallop, sidetracking, inserting emotional issues and so on. Sad.

SGOS

Quote from: stromboli on April 07, 2014, 01:00:12 PM
http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=859418&ocid=Outbrain=obinsite

Don't know if that will help.
All I get is the page with a video inset that says "your video is loading", which goes on forever, but I finally found it someplace else.  Yep, it's a rousing match of shouting.