Judge said du Pont heir 'will not fare well' in prison

Started by AllPurposeAtheist, March 31, 2014, 02:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

http://www.delawareonline.com/story/news/crime/2014/03/28/sunday-preview-du-pont-heir-stayed-prison/7016769/
QuoteA Superior Court judge who sentenced a wealthy du Pont heir to probation for raping his 3-year-old daughter noted in her order that he "will not fare well" in prison and needed treatment instead of time behind bars, court records show.

I'm a fairly liberal person, but some people just need to learn about the animals who lurk in prison first hand. Most of the people I'm friends with have been in prison for far lesser crimes and nearly all have hair raising stories of pedophiles. Naturally they cover up the reasons they're locked up, but when the truth comes out in prison the outcome is never good for them. 
Tough titty.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Poison Tree

I wonder if this "will not fare well" argument would work for regular/poor people (he asked knowingly)
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

AllPurposeAtheist

That's why po folk go to prison, because we don't fare well there. Nobody fares well in prison.

Gawdzilla Sama

We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

stromboli

And yet not applying that same logic to a black first time offender from the mean streets. Affluenza indeed.

Solitary

I'd like to know who does fare well in prison. Money talks and BS still walks.  Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Gawdzilla Sama

I think the judge was more worried about Mr. DuPont's butler...
We 'new atheists' have a reputation for being militant, but make no mistake  we didn't start this war. If you want to place blame put it on the the religious zealots who have been poisoning the minds of the  young for a long long time."
PZ Myers

aileron

We could save a lot on court costs by getting financial statements from defendants before prosecuting them.  Why bother prosecuting anyone with income over $1 million a year or total net worth of $10 million or more? 
Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! -- President Merkin Muffley

My mom was a religious fundamentalist. Plus, she didn't have a mouth. It's an unusual combination. -- Bender Bending Rodriguez

AllPurposeAtheist

We could just write an exemption into law for the wealthy.
Murder? Check
Rape? No problems
Theft? It's your birthright.

Gawdzilla Sama

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 31, 2014, 05:58:53 PM
Murder? Check
Rape? No problems

Lesser human beings should consider themselves privileged to have caught the attention of the rich.
PZ Myers

Shol'va

QuoteJudge said du Pont heir 'will not fare well' in prison
Good! Throw him in sooner then!

stromboli

And they said Vigilante Justice was a bad idea. Looking better all the time, imo.

Jason78

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 31, 2014, 05:58:53 PM
Murder? Check
Rape? No problems

I thought that was the way things worked now?
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Jason78 on April 01, 2014, 06:59:53 AM
I thought that was the way things worked now?
It is, just not publicly blatantly advertised.

Jason Harvestdancer

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on April 01, 2014, 12:56:58 PM
It is, just not publicly blatantly advertised.

It's a sign of the times that our country is in steep decline.  They no longer bother to hide the corruption.
White privilege is being a lifelong racist, then being sent to the White House twice because your running mate is a minority.<br /><br />No Biden, no KKK, no Fascist USA!