Christian School Expels 8 yr Old Girl- Looks Too Much Like A Boy

Started by stromboli, March 29, 2014, 10:51:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poison Tree

New candidate for most terrifying nightmare:
"zombie Disney princesses riding dinosaurs to a fantasy wedding"
"Observe that noses were made to wear spectacles; and so we have spectacles. Legs were visibly instituted to be breeched, and we have breeches" Voltaire�s Candide

RobbyPants

Quote from: Poison Tree on April 02, 2014, 12:53:30 AM

Terrifying? That sounds awesome!

On a related note: a few days ago, my daughter said "The princesses are going to the cemetery to watch the dinosaurs. Only princesses can do that."

Makes sense. If the dinosaurs are all dead, you might as well start looking in the cemetery.

Jason78

Quote from: RobbyPants on April 01, 2014, 10:26:49 PM
Here is a non-exhaustive list of things my five-year-old girl is interested in:

• Barbies
  • Dinosaurs
  • Disney princesses
  • Zombies
  • Fantasy weddings
  • Pirates
  • Tea parties
  • Castlevania
  • Arts and crafts
  • Rather violently horsing around
  • Jake and the Neverland Pirates
  • My Little Pony
  • Scooby Doo

Parenting Level:  Awesome!
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

charde

That news report irked me.

I think the school tried to claim that the grandparents (the girl is in their custody for whatever reason) took things straight to the media instead of trying to work things out with them... but if you read their letter [especially the paragraph in the OP], there's not much to work out. They stated their views, said her "gender identity" wasn't godly to them and thus disruptive, and that she would have to change or be kicked out. I can't imagine what kind of negotiation was plausible there.

And the girl seems to have a female gender identity (she thinks of herself as a girl), she's just into lots of things that are stereotypically boyish.

Quote from: Poison Tree on April 02, 2014, 12:53:30 AM

Nightmare? That sounds like a GOOD dream or my new idea for a picture or short story. :)

... then again, I'm not a conservative fundie....

stromboli

What is funny to me is that at that age, my daughter was kicking butt on all the boys and outperforming them in sports. Actually got thrown out of a soccer for being too rough. She was upset, but I bought her ice cream and told her how proud I was of her.  :biggrin:

billhilly

What did they expect when they decided to send little Suzie to a fundie school?   No doubt it's fuckin stupid that the school did this, but you can't say it was entirely unexpected.  Pet a badger and you're liable to get bit.

follower_of_jesus

Why did the girl have to act like a boy. This is what is wrong with this country. You got boys acting like girls and girls acting like boys. This all started when stupid liberals demanded we take corporal punishment out of the classroom. Now kids are fornicating in the classrooms and there are massive drug problems. We need to beat some cents into these children.

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 01:30:14 PM
Why did the girl have to act like a boy. This is what is wrong with this country. You got boys acting like girls and girls acting like boys. This all started when stupid liberals demanded we take corporal punishment out of the classroom. Now kids are fornicating in the classrooms and there are massive drug problems. We need to beat some cents into these children.
Have I reminded you how much of an idiot you are today? You just need beaten for shits n giggles.
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

follower_of_jesus

Threatening with physical violence when someone points out atheist hypocrisy. Not surprised one bit by that. Without God there are no morals and that is why you would threaten to inflict violence on me. By preaching God here I threaten your life of immorality.

AllPurposeAtheist

Oh my.. an xtian espousing non violence! 

But wait!  It gets better!

It seems I read this just 2 posts ago about children:
QuoteWe need to beat some cents into these children.

Now I'm no Rhodes scholar, but correct me if that doesn't sound like a threat of violence against children.
Sorry to call you a mere idiot. You're a flaming fucking asswipe.

follower_of_jesus

That isn't violence, that is something called parenting. By punishing you are teaching that a behavior is bad and needs to be corrected. If the parents of this article beat this poor confused of a soul child. Then she would of acted like a girl and not like a boy.

AllPurposeAtheist

Nott only are you a flaming fucking asswipe, you're a menace to society and should be prohibited from being near children.

And don't have the "cents" "god gave you" ..You certainly don't have sense.

follower_of_jesus

If your parent gave you a good smack on the bottom, maybe you wouldn't have rejected God and worshiped your own narcissism yourself. Luckily God does not hold grudges and he will let you back in whenever you come to your senses and repent.

AllPurposeAtheist

Doesn't hold grudges? You mean like burning people for eternity? Yeah, that's not a grudge at all.

RobbyPants

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 01:30:14 PMWe need to beat some cents into these children.

Cents? Like pennies, or is any kind of change good? Are you advocating punching children while holding a roll of quarters?

Quote from: follower_of_jesus on April 03, 2014, 02:22:33 PM
That isn't violence, that is something called parenting. By punishing you are teaching that a behavior is bad and needs to be corrected. If the parents of this article beat this poor confused of a soul child. Then she would of acted like a girl and not like a boy.

Now, we all obviously know you meant "sense" in the last post. That being said, you equate "punishment" with "beating someone until they see things your way"?

You sound like a real peach, but then again, you probably get your morality from the Bible.