Woman Beats 4 Year Old to Death Because it "Walked Like A Gay"

Started by stromboli, March 27, 2014, 11:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

http://www.oregonlive.com/tigard/index.ssf/2014/03/jessica_dutro_murder_trial_mot.html#incart_river_default

"Jessica Dutro believed her 4-year-old son, Zachary Dutro-Boggess was gay, prosecutors told the court Wednesday, and that was her motive for subjecting him to deadly beatings.

Dutro, charged with murder, murder by abuse and second-degree assault, is on trial in Washington County Circuit Court.

Emergency crews brought Zachary to a Portland hospital Aug. 14, 2012, where doctors determined he was dying from trauma to his abdomen that caused tears in his bowel. He was taken off life support two days later.

After jurors were released for the day Wednesday, Judge Don Letourneau ruled that a Facebook message from Dutro to her boyfriend was admissible evidence.

Prosecutor Megan Johnson argued the message established Dutro’s motive for inflicting on Zachary a pattern of torture and abuse. Authorities say Dutro assaulted three of her children, but Zachary received the brunt of the violence.

In the message, Dutro told her boyfriend, Brian Canady, that Zachary was “facing the wall” because he had made her mad.

Her son was going to be gay, she wrote, using a slur. “He walks and talks like it. Ugh.”

Canady would have to “work on” Zachary, she wrote.

Canady pleaded guilty earlier this month to first-degree manslaughter and second-degree assault in the boy’s death.
Letourneau further ruled that web searches thought to be done by Dutro would also be admissible evidence.

Prosecutors say on Aug. 16, 2012, the day Zachary’s life support was terminated, Dutro searched terms such as anger management and parenting classes. She also searched listings for free stuff and sex with strangers, they said."

This is a tragedy. I don't know if she was using some justification for her actions, but her attitudes alone are enough to render her as a sick person

The Skeletal Atheist

I...really wish I could articulate what to say about this, but the fact is it's late and I've had a few. I'll post later when I'm in a better mind, all I can feel towards this is utter rage and a sickness.
Some people need to be beaten with a smart stick.

Kein Mehrheit Fur Die Mitleid!

Kein Mitlied F�r Die Mehrheit!

StupidWiz

... To teach superstitions as truths is the most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can they be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia

AllPurposeAtheist

All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

GSOgymrat

I suspect this woman would have abused this child regardless and the gay issue is just an excuse she is using for her inability to manage her own emotional instability and violent behavior. She abused her other children and the gay angle is her way of blaming this particular child - he deserved it. I'm sure she has similarly irrational excuses why the other children needed to be beaten.

Savior2006

Quote from: GSOgymrat on March 28, 2014, 08:57:10 AM
I suspect this woman would have abused this child regardless and the gay issue is just an excuse she is using for her inability to manage her own emotional instability and violent behavior. She abused her other children and the gay angle is her way of blaming this particular child - he deserved it. I'm sure she has similarly irrational excuses why the other children needed to be beaten.

Yep. Using religion as a shield. Sure why the fuck not.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano

Solitary

:sad2: :wall: I thought love was the strongest emotion? It is obvious that this is not true for everyone. What an insane reason to kill someone, especially your own flesh and blood. This kind of crap makes me literally sick and full of rage toward ignorance. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

stromboli

Anyone who has raised kids knows there can be trials, but how can you not put your love for your children ahead of idiotic beliefs? I bailed both my sons out of jail for different reasons, put up with some bad behavior, but I would never hurt them or turn away from them for any reason.

As a former Mormon I have seen people shun their children for being gay or not believing in the religion, relatives denied the attendance to Temple weddings because they were not members and so on.

I have also seen people wake up and change their attitudes and views because love for their children was stronger than any cultural or religious beliefs, which is as it should be.

Aletheia

Just when I get my hopes up that the world is becoming more tolerant, and that one day I won''t have to pretend anymore... a story like this comes along to remind me just how cruel and insane the world really is beneath the veneer. Cases like this does make me wonder if screening before allowing people to reproduce would be a better alternative? I know that the woman was probably mentally ill and had clung to any excuse readily available to cover for her gratuitous violence, but it does tend to be a slap in the face of how deep a person's rage and hate can truly be. She stripped that child of his humanity and turned him into a thing, then she called that thing "gay" and feels that in our society where there is so much hatred and tension surrounding the gay community, that her actions have even the tiniest chance of being justified.

As sad and truly fucked up this whole affair is, I sincerely hope that this child's death will have an echoing effect for people. I hope they will reevaluate their hatred, condemnation, and cruelty they feel and determine if it's worth the death of an innocent child to quench it. If your hate matters so much that even a child can no longer be safe, then something needs to change in our society. It needs to stop. No more procreating with little to no responsibility. No more ignoring the mentally ill. No more justification of hate, whether it be race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else for that matter.

This was a deeply unnecessary death and a horrifically wrong act. I do not wish horrible things towards the mother, since she is undoubtedly sick and therefore lacking in proper faculties. I do however, hope her remaining children are either free from the illness or receive help to manage it, and more importantly, I hope the mother is prevented from further tainting of the gene pool.

What a sad, pitiful loss. Please tell me the child had some family who would actually be heartbroken at his loss. No four year old should ever be that alone in the world.

I'm sick to death of reading shit like this.
Quote from: Jakenessif you believe in the supernatural, you do not understand modern science. Period.

stromboli

Quote from: Aletheia on March 28, 2014, 12:39:42 PM
Just when I get my hopes up that the world is becoming more tolerant, and that one day I won''t have to pretend anymore... a story like this comes along to remind me just how cruel and insane the world really is beneath the veneer. Cases like this does make me wonder if screening before allowing people to reproduce would be a better alternative? I know that the woman was probably mentally ill and had clung to any excuse readily available to cover for her gratuitous violence, but it does tend to be a slap in the face of how deep a person's rage and hate can truly be. She stripped that child of his humanity and turned him into a thing, then she called that thing "gay" and feels that in our society where there is so much hatred and tension surrounding the gay community, that her actions have even the tiniest chance of being justified.

As sad and truly fucked up this whole affair is, I sincerely hope that this child's death will have an echoing effect for people. I hope they will reevaluate their hatred, condemnation, and cruelty they feel and determine if it's worth the death of an innocent child to quench it. If your hate matters so much that even a child can no longer be safe, then something needs to change in our society. It needs to stop. No more procreating with little to no responsibility. No more ignoring the mentally ill. No more justification of hate, whether it be race, creed, gender, sexual orientation, or anything else for that matter.

This was a deeply unnecessary death and a horrifically wrong act. I do not wish horrible things towards the mother, since she is undoubtedly sick and therefore lacking in proper faculties. I do however, hope her remaining children are either free from the illness or receive help to manage it, and more importantly, I hope the mother is prevented from further tainting of the gene pool.

What a sad, pitiful loss. Please tell me the child had some family who would actually be heartbroken at his loss. No four year old should ever be that alone in the world.

I'm sick to death of reading shit like this.

Before I came on this forum I spent time on ex-Mormon forums. Some of the accounts on there were heart rending. A gay young man, just 17, kicked out of his house and bullied by his own brothers, women who were victimized by their husbands and practically driven to suicide, gay suicides and so on. I personally knew 2 men, both good friends,  that were Mormons and gay, and both took their lives. This tragedy just illustrates how fucked up the human mind can be by sick cultural beliefs.

Shol'va

Cases like this one makes it very hard for me to object to capital punishment.

Savior2006

Quote from: stromboli on March 28, 2014, 11:32:21 AM
Anyone who has raised kids knows there can be trials, but how can you not put your love for your children ahead of idiotic beliefs?

If one were an idiot, that's how.
It took science to do what people imagine God can do.
--ApostateLois

"The closer you are to God the further you are from the truth."
--St Giordano