News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Six Feet Under

Started by drunkenshoe, March 27, 2014, 05:09:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drunkenshoe

Probably almost all of you are familiar with this tv show.  I have been watching the first season for the last two days. I have seen it almost a decade ago and I was very impressed. Now, I am thinking it's probably the best tv show ever made in its genre. What do you think? I am not writing anything about the show, don't forget to spoiler it if you do.

PS Wolf, we do have a spoiler button, don't we? Because I don't see it.

AllPurposeAtheist

I don't recall that show..probably because I don't watch as much tv as I probably should.

[spoiler] does it work? [/spoiler]
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

AllPurposeAtheist

I shall attempt to watch it.
[spoil] maybe it's just spoil [/spoil]
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Mermaid

It is one of the best shows on American TV, I think. Right up there with The Sopranos.
A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

charde

Six Feet Under is one of the best TV shows I've seen, and the finale is in the top handful of series finales I've seen.

I think it was mostly the honesty that got me. Yes, it kind of meandered in the middle, and at times the characters became unlikeable (Nate's progress is interesting to chart -- the more he seems to take responsibility for his own life, the more callous he can seem to become), but... it was honest and real to me.

Had a pretty wonderful acting ensemble as well.

I'm a fan of Alan Ball's "American Beauty" as well.