Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

American Dictatorship

Started by curiouscrab, March 24, 2014, 09:09:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: Solitary on March 24, 2014, 11:05:23 PM
Isn't there a dic in dictator? Solitary
I know a dirty perv joke about that very topic and in fact even once wrote it on this site. Anyone remember it? It involves Alfalfa and Buckwheat. :whistle:
All hail my new signature!

Admit it. You're secretly green with envy.

Shiranu

I don't think a dictatorship would be inherently worse than the system as is... it would just be far more likely to be worse and have far less safe guards in the event it was.
"A little science distances you from God, but a lot of science brings you nearer to Him." - Louis Pasteur

Solitary

Bush Junior said it would be a lot easier if he was a dictator---can you imagine how bad it would be if he had been? I guess it would be like Hitler if he won the war---no more weaklings, no more Jews, no more blacks and browns, no more guns, no more undesirables, while the Catholic Church reigns supreme. OK all you blue eyed, blond haired devils, Hail to the God chosen leader and his storm troopers. If this sounds good to you, you are a paranoid bigot. Solitary
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action.

Atheon

Only if I'm the dictator. Just think of all the Republicans and fundies I could jail! Muahahahah!!
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

Plu

Everyone thinks a dictatorship sounds great because they always imagine in their heads that the dictator will like all the same things they do.

Kinda like with how people think about god.

Jason78

Quote from: curiouscrab on March 24, 2014, 09:09:17 PM
Right now American society is really bad. Would a dictatorship fix this?

>Implying that it isn't a dictatorship already.
Winner of WitchSabrinas Best Advice Award 2012

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real
tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light. -Plato

Mermaid

A cynical habit of thought and speech, a readiness to criticise work which the critic himself never tries to perform, an intellectual aloofness which will not accept contact with life’s realities â€" all these are marks, not as the possessor would fain to think, of superiority but of weakness. -TR

AllPurposeAtheist

It's a dic tater..actually a dick n balls tater.. I hope my tater never get peeled, sliced, diced, fried, boiled or baked. :shocked:

edit: for the benefit of shoe a tater is a colloquial ecpression for potato. I'm sorry folks.  I had to let her in on the joke. lol

AllPurposeAtheist

Quote from: drunkenshoe on March 25, 2014, 10:05:32 AM
Oh lol. I didn't know that. That is good. Thanks, APA. And why are you apologising for explaining something?
I read the weight thread about guilt and thought of you. lol

AllPurposeAtheist

wavecollapse

haha America is crownland* still so yeah it probably all ready is dictatorship.

*the crown is not the queen of England 

AllPurposeAtheist

It's not an absolute dictatorship,  not even close, but is a capitalistic dictatorship in that we're ruled by the big monied interests.

Atheon

Quote from: AllPurposeAtheist on March 25, 2014, 09:50:17 AM
It's a dic tater..actually a dick n balls tater.. I hope my tater never get peeled, sliced, diced, fried, boiled or baked. :shocked:
Does dic tater go well with dic cheese?
"Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful." - Seneca

AllPurposeAtheist