News:

Welcome to our site!

Main Menu

Why I feel Agnosticism is the way

Started by Anonobot, March 23, 2014, 08:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stromboli

After this thread, I'm going to change my stance to a hard "meh".

Mister Agenda

Quote from: Anonobot on March 23, 2014, 08:12:18 PM
Atheism to me is just as pompous as Christianity or any other major religion out there. I have come across relatively the same amount of bigots from both sides. Atheism has devolved from the original concept of being without religion, Atheists today actually BELIEVE there is no god, whereas us Agnostics just don't know, and don't follow things blindly without evidence.

Agnosticism is like Sweden, it's neutral, it's just the scientific side of the fence seems a whole lot more logical than the other.
Now, don't get me wrong, being Agnostic doesn't mean I am not spiritual or don't have beliefs. I certainly am very "spiritual" when it comes to the Universe, to me, the Universe is my god, it has it's laws and ways of being, and my religion is to understand those ways.

I also BELIEVE that there is something outside of the visible Universe that so far we cannot explain, or are nearing a breaking point on attempting to explain (string theory, multiverse, etc [I love these theories]). Belief and thinking are practically the same thing. You THINK therefor you ARE.

Absence of evidence, is not evidence of absence, and vise versa. To believe something so strong (as in there is nothing out there besides dark matter and interstellar space, galaxies, constellations, and planets, etc.) is practically just the same as believing in an all powerful cloud monster.

Just my $0.75. I probably didn't wrap my head around what I wanted to explain fully, but I hope you guys get my point.

Just got here and you've got us all figured out, eh? Bigot.
Atheists are not anti-Christian. They are anti-stupid.--WitchSabrina